RANT ALERT
Off late, I`ve been getting mails, facebook messages, phone calls(mostly in the wee hours of the morning *curses the time difference*) and texts in the dozens informing me that someone is either getting married, engaged, committed or popping out babies.
Just imagine, when someone(read : Bestie) calls you at 3 AM to tell you :-
a) That a schoolmate has given birth to triplets while cutting your gasped reply to 'TRIPLETS???' short by
b) Informing you that another guy buddy who used to play cricket with you in his Half Knickers and Hawai chappal is getting married in 10 days.
For heavens sake I shrieked and said - I thought he was just 20 , Bestie says - turns out he was.
c) That notwithstanding, a third schoolmate whose chats often remind me of the good old kiddy days was conned into visiting his ailing grandfather on his "DEATHBED" and married off in a matter of 3 days.
a) That a schoolmate has given birth to triplets while cutting your gasped reply to 'TRIPLETS???' short by
b) Informing you that another guy buddy who used to play cricket with you in his Half Knickers and Hawai chappal is getting married in 10 days.
For heavens sake I shrieked and said - I thought he was just 20 , Bestie says - turns out he was.
c) That notwithstanding, a third schoolmate whose chats often remind me of the good old kiddy days was conned into visiting his ailing grandfather on his "DEATHBED" and married off in a matter of 3 days.
Had anyone else dared calling me at that ungodly hour with news bits like these; 5 bygone generations of their family would have been royally blessed and showered with my ability to spew out swear words faster than a high end garden sprinkler that would have surely made them toss and turn in their graves.
What is it about November huh, is it like a Year End Sale?
Take your pick; Babies, Husbands, Wives, Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Boy/Girl Toys ---> Flat 70 % off.
HURRY,Offer Valid till stocks Last,
*Conditions Apply.
On a more realistic note, the following picture adequately sums up what I`m going through right now.

Interesting post!! And you are right - November and December is the time when people plan all the above mentioned activities!! Hearing all this will slowly become a habit :D
ReplyDeleteBloggers Park
bwahahahhaha...
ReplyDeletedude..i soooo relate with what you feeling right now..
3 of my classmates are in the process of either getting married or getting honey mooned..
1 of them..is my chuddy buddy..
and i am having a super hard time keeping all the oh-so-exciting news from my dearest amma..
lest she gets some whacky ideas in her mind..
phew..
let the others trudge along with matrimony..babies and bleh
for now..
we shall keep getting awesomer :D:D:D:D
cheers !!
U know what, just before I could scroll down to see the picture, those were the exact words I was planning to comment. I Swear :)
ReplyDeleteHell with the world, lets get more awesome and start sending out 'Awesomeness' awards :D
Machi it means you are getting older da....yaare yadayu tedikin katiko pa cheekrom....don't forget my Aston Martin as the return gift tho, I'll defy come to Germany for your wedding...pinky promise :D. I see so many people rant about this whole peeps getting married/becoming parents etc... To be honest I never thought you'd rant about this...I know not why, I've pictured you as this guy who will always say 'I'm happy for them' kinda person...you the non ugly on the inside type people? Not that by ranting you are now ugly or anything, but I do know some demented souls whose envy knows no bounds when it comes to these things.
ReplyDeleteWeddings for me have always been this fun, vacation kinda thingy... I love decking up and showing off you see :P...plus I already have whoever I need in my life and have everything planned out for the future so these things have never really bothered me enough to rant about it(not yet at least). But being single can be hard and I know how feeling lonely can drive one crazy...in that case these things just add fuel to the fire...aana ni apdi kedeyade?
You know I have a fixation for multiple sets of kids...If I see twins around I always take a photo and I've seriously contemplated having twins when I decide to pop out kids...the 1 boy and 1 girl variety...not sure how I'm gonna manage that, but that's still way way in the future. Oh BTW, I think I'm still nursing a crush on Barney, again I know not why!!!
What happened to the XML you were supposed to send Machi?
P.S. (I know you've reminded me like tons of times on the tag post thing, but honestly I'm so busy right now and somebody seems to have put the time machine on fast fwd X 10 mode, days are slipping past at this crazy speed. You already know I have so many posts to put up yet, plus Kalpak has given deadline and all for his guest post...(kamina saala)....anyhoo I promise before the year ends I'll defy put up the tag thingy...looong comment to make up for having nothing to say on the previous one :P.)
//Had anyone else dared calling me at that ungodly hour with news bits like these; 5 bygone generations of their family would have been royally blessed and showered with my ability to spew out swear words faster than a high end garden sprinkler that would have surely made them toss and turn in their graves.
ReplyDelete:o
Really?!
Haha. Ok so can I get a boyfriend? And does that 70% cut include egos and stupidness. Because if that's that I am up for it.
ReplyDeletePlus yeah, people are senseless like that. No time to call. By the way for issues like these no time is a good time I guess.
It's really something to think about. 95% of marriages of my relatives have been in winter. Specially when I have exams :-/. I don't want to curse their happiness but come on, why can't they marry in summer when I have vacations. Something must be done about the pundits ~_~
ReplyDeleteThis started exactly one year back for me. First I got news abt one close friend getting married, then another.. and another. Then at the same time came the news of babies and whatnot! Every news feed on my wall was abt 'I'm engaged' or 'I'm getting married tomo' or 'here are my reception photos' or 'look at my baby's first birthday'. Honestly I have only a handful of single friends left!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I completely agree with that quote.
hehehe :P :P Poor you! :P
ReplyDeleteIts been like that for me for the past one year.. random classmates/schoolmates/work friends getting engaged/married/honeymoon-ing.. the millions of 'together forever' pictures.. and slowly the preggo pictures.. the babies.. the baby's first talk/walk/computer freak and what-not videos and pictures.. *siiiigghh* and each time a friend got married i'd tell the Bf lets get married soon and from yeah baby our day will come soon to okay few more years to temme something new baby to ok whatever.. Damn!...
and after seeing few of my friends who've gone beyond the 'newly married' couple phase, i think i'm better off without the 'Mrs.' tag :P :P ...
I.l.o.v.e.Barneyyyy!!!!!! :D :D
Hahaha! How true.... if I had to shell out 'contribution' for one more wedding/baby-popping/engagement function in the office, I swear, I will stand next in line to Mallya and apply for bankrupcy! Well written - especially the analogy to the water sprinkler!
ReplyDeletehttp://merinautanki.blogspot.com/2011/08/enoughh.html
ReplyDeletelook..i wrote this a few months back....and i hate the feeling too....
my facebook page is flooding with wedding pics, baby pics, engagement pics and what nots...
The marriages are happening now because winter is approaching. Imagine having to figure how to have sex with your brand new spouse in the boiling heat of april and may. :P
ReplyDeleteI'm so tired of hearing about my classmates and junior getting married and having babies. What IS with people these days??!! Like Rachel and Phoebe discussing about Monica's wedding- I'm 80% happy and 20% jealous.
You know I was wondering the same things!! How come all of a sudden people are getting married and popping out babies in these 2 months! My house is flooded with wedding invitations and facebook wall full of "the wedding" and "babby" photos!!
ReplyDelete@Binu Thomas - The November-December thing is so true. I feel the universe is conspiring, if the Cold doesn't get to you, then these things most certainly will.
ReplyDelete@Ashwini - Questioning eye doesn't cut it. Its more like you being chased in a manhunt with bloodhounds.
@Aditi - Keeping these bits of news away from my mother is paramount and seeming very difficult now especially because I`m not around. If she even sniffs a minor trail, I`m done for.
Hi-5 buddy, lets scurry up on the awesomeness ladder.
@Soumya - Really? Hi-5. Rightly said, to hell with the world, we're awesome. You get the first Awesome award btw.
@Digs - I cant get married machi, Child marriage is illegal :D. This post was a reflection on bakwaas news which people call to tell you at 3 AM; out and out rant, which is not supposed to make an iota of sense.
Looks like you have it all planned; the twins, the husband and what not. But till then we be more awesome, okay?
@Express - That was purely a knee jerk reaction to someone waking me up at 3 AM to tell me such news bits which I now realize was totally uncalled for but one ought to rant when one ought to rant, right?
@Nia Charms - Take your pic missy, the Store is doing brisk business anyway. I`m not so sure about the cuts though, grossly discounted products generally come with a few issues.
True that, but gossip at 3 AM? have a heart, wont you?
@The Guy in the Mirror - I'd take summer marriages any day.
marriage food + vacation time = Awesome.
@TheGirlAtFirstAvenue - In their own way, I have to say these people helped cut down the time I spent on facebook, with their albums and status messages titled - My wittle babiee or The Angel of my life etc.
@Viya - Dont get me wrong here, I`m happy for these people, I genuinely am. It just beats me why these news bits have to be told to a poor soul at 3 AM.
Take it from me, Marriage scares the Be-Jesus out of us Boys. What you need now is the Awesome tag, the Mrs tag will come soon, don't worry.
@Nirvana - Its a vicious circle I tell you, this gifting thing. No intent to offend but this is what happens when someone gossips to me at 3 AM.
@Deepa - Incidentally this was the first post I commented on in your blog. Its stifling when people flood us with My Kichkoo, My Muchkoo,My Jaan and what not.
@Ms Spiff - *light bulb moment*, Never thought along those lines, seems logical now.
I`m tired too, of people sending their Wedding Invites and baby pictures through emails and facebook events. I swear if I see another event on fb titled My Baby Shower or My Engagement, I`ll go bonkers.
@Maithili - The only plus side to all of this is the Awesome marriage food that we get to eat. I`ve now come to believe the baby and engagement pictures are a necessary evil in our lives.
Hhaha true man! Two of my classmates are getting married this November! Really the 70% flat thing makes sense!
ReplyDeleteThe worst is this is causing pressure to mount at home. Eve relatives younger than me getting married. WHY GOD WHY!!!!
hats off to more awesomeness...:-D
ReplyDeleteOkay. I don't know how you did that but you did that out of the blue. I was almost talking about the November being the Shaadi-month when I stumbled across your post and here it was all. Screaming my mind up!
ReplyDeleteJust imagine what was the situation here last night. I had Valima of my Mamu, Valima of my cousin, engagment of my first cousin and Mehendi of my uncle.
I felt like strangling myself.
And yes seeing everyone getting married around certainly gives you that WTH feeling and seriously I am like the happiest person single, it still burns me. I mean, don't have people got anything to do than to get married at 20?!
20!!!
Horrifying.
Seriously.
And Stinson pulled it off! He always he.
So, I can't exactly relate to it, but at some level, I can! 'cause I'm 17 and no friend of my age can married, now! But relatives and all are on a spree! In past one year I've seen 5 weddings! :O
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, now following you're blog, 'cause its not as awesome as barney, but a LITTLE BIT closer to it! :P
@Red - Relatives younger than us getting married spells Doom with a capital 'D'; gets the parents worked up and us even more.
ReplyDelete@Rahul - We can only get more awesome.
@KN - Lets say I stole your thoughts; Inception Style :D.
I`m pretty much in the same pickle and wonderfully said, seems like people don't really have anything to do at 20 apart from getting married, that does seem like the order of the day. Stinson will pull off anything, ANYTHING.
@Paanipuri Lover - Oh Missy, you just wait a couple of years and you'll start wondering why you even grew up.
Welcome aboard and thanks for reading this one, I know it's not as awesome as Barney but he is the ultimate benchmark right?
Hahaaa, interesting- felt the same thing when a couple of my schoolmates got married/engaged- couldn't believe it when I saw the pics on fb! In a way, reminded me that am also older and not any wiser :/
ReplyDeleteThose kind of photos are an irritant but someone calling to tell you this sort of news at 3AM; simply unacceptable.
ReplyDeleteYour ranting is understandable....But as long as you are awesome...let others make babies and get hitched.
ReplyDelete:)
Awesome is the only way forward, lets be awesome in every small thing that we do.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by and reading this post of all posts.
Yeah! kinda! He's awesome! :D
ReplyDeleteBut you're blog is some real good stuff man! :P
Spent past hour and half on it! :D
Tee hee. But really, 20 year old father?? And Barney. Sigh. Sheer awesomeness that.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha. Crazy November wedding blues, dude! :D :D
ReplyDeleteAnd Hi five for Barney stinson's quote, he is just AWESOME! \m/ :)
Cheers, ~Moonlight~ :)
rofl! same thing is happening with me here. ;) NOt that my friends or besties are getting married but a lot of people I know are getting hooked up, engaged or married!
ReplyDeleteI curse the Shaadi season in hinduism for this :P
Barney!!!!.... lol.. legend .. i so dig that guy...
ReplyDelete"5 bygone generations of their family would have been royally blessed and showered with my ability to spew out swear words faster than a high end garden sprinkler that would have surely made them toss and turn in their graves". .. heheheh How do you come up with all this.. ???
@Paanipuri Lover - He's not kinda awesome, he's awesome personified. I`m flattered that you like this blog.
ReplyDelete@Zeba - Not a 20 year old father, but a 20 year old husband. Sheer awesomeness indeed.
@Moonlight - Its stifling I tell you, way, way beyond crazy wedding blues.
@Smita - I`m afraid the mood transcends relgionistic borders as well.
@Menachery - When I do one of my psychotic rants, such things just fly onto the fingers and into the keyboard.
That sprinkler sentence broke all records:P
ReplyDeleteAnd thankfully I have just a coupla more years to go before this period starts for me-_- byt then hopefully I'd have deactivated my FB account.
And if you actually manage to feel that way, like Barney, then RESPECT:D
P.S: Goes without saying that we WILL NOT receive news of you getting married atleast in the next year.
P.P.S: Sorry, late comments.
The sprinkler sentence was a result of not having had my morning coffee while typing the post :P.
ReplyDeleteFB or no FB, we'd still find reasons to rant.
I`m actually awesome, True Story :D.
PS: Bingo because no sane girl will agree to do that, with me.
PPS: Its ok.
hahaha,. You kinda fit the bill for Barney "Awesome" Stinson in teeny tiny manner! Love the humor.Makes ranting so much fun!! :D
ReplyDeleteYou totally nailed it.
Ranting dipped in humor is always enjoyable and again one of my psychotic rants, not supposed to make an iota of sense.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming by.
Trusssssssst me it makes so much more sense than sayin it the *sob* *sob* manner! :D
ReplyDelete