I awoke with a start in the wee hours of the morning - today was going to be another one of 'those' days and she was at it yet again; attention seeking as always - sending me a reminder despite her absence. She made me feel 'me' and every morning spent with her would ensure that the day ahead would end up being nothing less than perfect.
She was made of elements that popular romantic novels described time and again in their lead female protagonists - Bubbly, dreamy, full of life and always armed with a zing that had in it a mystic aura which I believe to be potent enough to reform a maniacal serial killer from his errant ways. I had met her as a teenager and had instantly taken a liking to her. Each morning spent with her was magical - her company and her energy grew on me like no other and very soon falling for her seemed inevitable; like it was the easiest thing I had done till date.
The past few days had not been good for the both of us - we hadn't been spending our mornings together the way we had done till then. I was starting off at a new position at work with which came new responsibilities and changes thereby. It was precisely these changes that came in the way of our togetherness, we had begun bickering and quarreling but it was different this time - the fighting actually made me feel better about myself.
The relationship slowly but steadily and surely began to sour, which meant that we saw eye to eye lesser, began avoiding confrontation and let the distance and with it walls the height of The Great Wall of China grow between us. It began to seem as if what was earlier treasured and protected was now going South.
The permanency in the feeling of crankiness, irritability, loss of concentration in daily work and snapping at random people for no perceivable fault of theirs had slowly crept into my life. This was certainly not what I wanted to spill into my life from our relationship or rather the souring consequences of it. I was exhibiting copybook withdrawal signs of a relationship gone kaput and it was only practical that I realized it before I strung on pointlessly for too long and hurt myself even more in the process.
I reckoned it was better to do it in a quick rapid motion like pulling a bandage off your bruised skin and it was the only logical way forward before I ended up more battered than I already was. With a heavy heart I looked at her with the impending anticipation of our separation and said - I will have you no more - COFFEE, We're through.
Here's a pic of her for old time's sake
PS: I know this is downright lunacy at its absolute peak but I`m in Caffeine De-addiction withdrawal - something had to give, right?
Ha!! Loved it.
ReplyDeleteThough I am not a coffee addict, but I can relate to the 'addiction' part. Don't worry, we already know you are crazy.
Good luck. :D
Unfortunately, I am - so had to give it up.
DeleteThanks for reading this one.
Oh you! Here I was dreaming about your love life and you pulled a 'coffee-addict' act! :D
ReplyDeleteCan totally relate to the addiction!
I had to 'pull the act' or my act was gonna go topsy turvy.
DeleteGlad you could relate. Thanks for coming by.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOh, on the contrary, there are plenty of coffee places in Germany and that my friend seems to be the root of the problem - was going overboard on the caffeine.
DeleteThanks for coming by.
This one had me in splits! :D Was the breakup triggered by a case of 'having too much blood in your caffeine system'? :P All said and done, coffee is not so bad- give her another chance, no!
ReplyDeleteOn another note- first the train, now coffee- your choice in 'girlfriends' are, well, interesting :D
PS: Congrats on the internship! Hope you're enjoying it.
Wise words - A case of Too much blood in my caffeine stream indeed :P. Oh, we're broken up now, hoping to stay that way for a while now while I explore the world of milkshakes.
DeleteRetort to Choice in Girlfriends - The Heart desires what it desires :P.
Thanks a lot for the wishes Sruthi, the internship is going great guns.
(meme)- Y U LEAVE ME BOY?!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, more for me. Life's just too short for me to not enjoy a daily dose of caffeine. Amidst other things. Sighs.
Spoken like a true addict - trust me when I say, been there done that.
DeleteAah well, there's always Orange Juice to go to :D.
aaa?
ReplyDeletescuse mua??
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ??
YOU..okay..YOU..*pointing fingers* YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
pfft..
i knew there had to be a twister somewhere down the line in the post..YET..i was hoping against hope that this time its gonna be something different.
you broke my heart..boooooohooooooooooo..Y U WRITE SO HILARIOUSLY MACHA??!!!
on a serious note..hahha..all the best with the de-addiction self affliction.
Many a friends of mine have battled it UN-successfully.
oh no no no..i am not trying to discourage you, you know
*sheepish grin*
brilliant post only.
like always :)
cheers!!
Calm Down would ya?? This is what Caffeine does to ya, get it? :D.
DeleteMy life is a big joke and I just write what happens in it.
I`m making progress, 10 days without Coffee and its pretty good now. Thank you very much for the encouragement Meoww.
Cheers to you to :)
Ha ha :D wonderfully expressed. but why leaving the 'oh so important part' of your life?
ReplyDeleteIt just got a tad too overboard, doing just fine without it now.
DeleteThanks for coming by Jas.
OH...that is coffee??? Hahaha. Good one;)
ReplyDeleteYes, my ex - Coffee indeed :P.
DeleteThanks Madame, glad you could smile.
Yes, we broke up but not to worry, you can still hook me up with Coffee Estate owner chick - she'll enjoy the coffee and I`ll enjoy my milkshake ;)
ReplyDeleteOh yes, having a great time in Germany and at my internship position. Many thanks for the wishes and for coming by Pradeeta.
AS !
ReplyDeleteSooooper tale. I knew there was a catch somewhere. I can relate to this phase. I am not big on coffee but once you quit having it for 2 days, you feel like 10 days is not much and then eventually can let go ! All the best :P
Loved the way you wrote it AS :) Coffee, err. kaafi misleading thi!
Thanks Toffee - Glad you liked it.
DeleteHa Ha, thanks for coming by and reading this one Ashwini.
ReplyDeletebeautiful heart
ReplyDeletehahaha!!! so can relate to this - am quite and addict myslef!! Nice!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, nicely done AS.:D
ReplyDelete@Sm - Thanks a lot. Welcome here.
ReplyDelete@Nirvana - Maybe we should start a Caffeine de-addiction movement called - Coffee Guzzlers Anonymous where I would certainly be founder patron; hands down :D.
@Sumitra - Glad you liked it.
Nice touch AS and that's what I always expect from you unintentionally :) Good luck on the battle :) I am in a like-coffee stage, hoping not to go over the addictive edge :)
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Keirthana
Oh No, that's not a good sign - I`m becoming too predictable aren't I?
DeleteThanks for encouragement - living on milk shakes now.
You have a thing for suspense and drama and some fooling around, don't you? I remember the train story that really had me on Spiff's blog. So I was careful this time! ;)
ReplyDeleteAs a tea and coffee non-drinker, I don't know how it feels but good luck with your De-addiction drive. :)
I`ve clearly lost my touch - will try some change up next time around.
DeleteMany thanks for the kind words.
wohho someone is clearly having ideas about coffee :D addiction it is!!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a speedy recovery from the withdrawal symptoms :D
The keyword is HAD - I repeat HAD :D.
DeleteThanks for the wishes and for coming by Maithili.
First things first
ReplyDeleteWhy did this post not end up in my Reader when you posted :(
Secondly
This is signature AS...suspense, romance, drama and at last...the enlightenment
-Visha
Maybe you could try removing/re-adding the url. Do let me know if that doesn't work as well.
DeleteThe signature is getting way too predictable - gotta change it asap :P.
Thanks for reading this one Visha.
useless...i thought finally you have made progress..
ReplyDeleteBut this Jai Veery Hanuman Bhkath that ur...its totally a waste to expect anything better from u
I will surprise you someday :P.
Deleteand the suspense unfolded into a cup of creamy, frothy, hot addiction ;) I have this feeling if you ever happen to write a suspense thriller at the end the readers will die laughing :D :D
ReplyDeleteIf the world doesn't end in December this year, you can count on my book to do the honors :D.
DeleteThanks for coming by.
Why is this post , post dated :O
ReplyDeleteI'm probably the most neutral person when it comes to picking between beverages :P
Tea vs Coffee - I can have either , neither or both :P
Nice post as always :)
Oh its not post dated sorry :$ I'm still living in june . Ignore pliss.
ReplyDeleteSee, this is what happens when you drink Coffee or Tea or Both :D.
DeleteHey AS, she looks so appealing..how could you do this to her?!! split my sides laughing!!
ReplyDeleteYes, I know I am heartless that way :D.
DeleteGlad you had a laugh. Thanks for coming by.