Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I want to sound wimpy and damn it - I shall

You have been hereby forewarned that another episode of my psychotic ranting and wimping is in session.  




I know I haven't written much on this space to begin with but this month has been the worst - I've only moved as far as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping so far as writing is concerned. Yes, I've been away and know fully well that you missed my nonsense - Do I hear nay-Sayers? I`m sure your noses just grew longer.   

So here I am back doing what I do - rant the hair off of my head because this has been one rant worthy month indeed. Changes have come left, right and center and screw up's have happened almost at the speed of light; so bite me if I sound wound up and cranky.

Thunderbolt 1: Donning the role of the Lone wolf

I've always maintained that I don't get homesick because when I feel like its going to set in, I distract myself by claiming to be too awesome to be homesick #TrueStory. In fact I had tricked myself so much that the meaning of homesick had changed to sick of home for me. 

Turns out the roomie made me feel at home since day one and since he had to move to his lady's town for an internship(convenient for him) - I`ve had to slog not only with empty space but with all those memories of the awesome times we've had together. What do you call a person who gets homesick after 2 years? Is there even a term for that?    

Thunderbolt 2: The floor being swept off underneath you.

As the world welcomed February and with it the last few weeks of winter, the month of love and the shortest month of the year; I was rather bluntly informed that my dormitory would be torn down in April to make way for a bigger and more sprawling dormitory. 

To imagine that I am going away from the place I've called home away from home, the place where I got to eat so many different cakes, cookies and pies every week and most importantly the place where I've had the honor of having 12 different people from as many nationalities as neighbors was equivalent to a lower jaw punch to say the least. Just when I thought I was set and getting comfy here - I will have to set up my stuff in some other place; make new floor mates and start over again. Summing up I`m going to have to be - shameless, company less and homeless in a month from now because where I`ll shift to will at best be a room in a dorm but not a home.

Thunderbolt 3: I know what you did in the Exam Hall

I had been raving to all and sundry about this tough cookie cum terror cum monster of an exam that I had last week which involved every freaking module of my bachelor degree and was 5 hours long. I had even begun preparing for it more than a month prior to the date of the exam. If you know me well enough you will realize that for me to take something in life this seriously, I would have to be severely affected by

a)  Terminal disease leading to death.
b) Threatening by a conniving blackmailer.
c)  Watching a weekend marathon of Don 2, Ra One, Ek Deewana Tha and Tell me Oh Khuda and checking my pulse to make sure I was alive.
d)  Giving this exam.

So, The D-Day arrived and I very nervously tried to mask the noise of my chattering teeth and involuntary disco dancing of my trembling feet exhibiting my not so candid fright for this exam by trying to make small talk outside the exam hall with my friends and was pretty sure I was succeeding as much as a Zebra wearing dark glasses attempting to get into a Polar bear only golf club.

Into the exam we went hoping to come out alive and hopefully sane. As the question booklets (What do you think, it's a 5 hour exam - there had to be a booklet) were distributed and people started reading into them, I saw multiple sets of eyes widen, something I had not even seen happen even when they watched a well made horror flick. I knew right then that there was a gang rape ( pardon the language but the word is the closest description of what actually transpired) in the offing. Mentally preparing myself to face the music - even before I get my question booklet, a pair (gf-bf) hand in their materials and leave the hall. 5 minutes into the exam and 2 people had quit already.

An hour into the exam only ten people are left sitting in the exam hall and a few dozen pairs of eyes are staring at me from outside wondering what I could possibly be doing in the middle of a crisis zone. It was a crisis indeed, a large crisis; if you may. In fact a 15 storeyed crisis with plush interiors, carpeting, 24 hour electricity and a large billboard on top that reads in bold - THIS IS A LARGE CRISIS. 

I stuck it out; I lasted 5 hours in that hall. It's anybody's guess what the outcome of the exam was going to be like but I stuck it out - A zen monk was born. Of course there were expletives hurled at the paper setters family - mother and sisters in particular by my generally well meaning but temporarily infuriated Hindi speaking friends at the end of it but I was just glad it was over and so were they.     
   
PS: If you've read the post this far, firstly congratulations and if you thought this sounded like the condensed  version of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, you're probably right.

That's enough blah for now. 




  

55 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaa :D :D
    Poor you , especially the dorm room thing. I'm sure you'll ace the test since you made it till the end atleast.

    I rant all the time , people are sadists I tell you . Everyone loves a wimpy post , makes their life look better :P
    blessed be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acing the test would be heights of optimism; frankly I have no expectations, just want to be done with it.

      Yes, everyone does love a wimpy post because it makes them realize the brighter side of life.

      Delete
  2. sounds like you had a tough month... I cannot even start and end ranting about how horrible this Feb was for me.... :(

    I really need a calm March.... and hope you get an awesome March too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a rough month but then its gone by and I`m heaving a huge sigh of relief.

      Thanks, You have an awesome March too.

      Delete
  3. Tough February for you buddy!! You know what the optimists say - "Tough times don't last, tough people do".. Pessimists made their own version of this saying - "Smile, coz tomorrow might be worse" :)

    Have a great Leap day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice way to put it, I`m reminded of that joke where the optimist and pessimist argue about the glass of water while a thirsty guy comes and drinks the water :P.

      Thanks buddy.

      Delete
  4. hheheheh ..loved the exam hall part. its been SO SO long since i been in it...can u believe i actually "missed" it while i was reading your narration in that torture chamber?

    btw, 'asthmatic ant' - :DDD - that's a new one and a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help you re-live your exam hall fantasy :P. Beats me why you would "miss" it.

      That's just something I do when I`m in the rant zone - I make up stuff.

      Thanks for reading sujatha.

      Delete
    2. miss it coz that phase of worrying/writing exams is over ... its only recollections now ..kind of forgot how it felt to be so scared, once upon a time, of the whole exam hall/invigilator/marks/question paper etc etc

      Delete
    3. Who knows, maybe I`ll miss it someday like you too.

      Delete
  5. Hail all the Wimpy Kids of zze world...me included...
    now me shall start my mini-post of a comment...
    bwahaahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    gahahahhahahahhaa...aiyo...wait wait..
    blahahaha..i dunno..but this post has certainly gotten me up and cracking
    O Atrocious One! tehehehe..
    look the usage of words and phrases my bwaaay...
    asthmatic ant ah..? ROFL only
    and awwww..poor thy for such a bad feb..sigh..life is a bitch at times :D

    and whaaaaaaaa???
    5 frigging hours of a paper..????
    and you actually sat through the entire ordeal..??
    wait...*deep breath*
    !@#$%^&*@#$%^&*()(*&^%$!@#$%^&**(&^!@#$%&*##$@$#^#$%^@#$%%&^

    aaan...before you jump the gun...me shall the explains..this is not me...no no...
    *jesus jesus*
    itna violently...aisa my bleddy friends wud have reacted were i in your place..
    blehehehe...

    but for you..i have only this..
    *stands up and applauds* take a bow macha..take a beeeeg bow :D
    happy shifting and bleh..hope you find better confectionery worthy place for your next abode \m/
    cheers!!

    PS i know i know..you miss my posts..i miss your comments too..don't worry..me shall write sooner.
    *wipes a lone tear*
    jahaha..drama..i know
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did miss your mile length comments and your posts as well. Get back soon won't you or I`ll have to send a pack of bloodhounds to trace you down.

      Was extremely tempted to shower some expletives of my own after the exam but I was the newly born Zen monk, remember? Couldn't do that now, could I?

      Thanks for the wishes, the applause and the comment Meoww.

      Delete
  6. haha....Sorry! Shit happens but these things also come to and end. You sat for the exam till the end :O :O and about the dorm thing....I know how a change from a comfort zone feels like....but it can be a good one too:)
    Do tell us the result of your exam :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the world has been forever ready to take my case so this is no surprise.

      I hope the change in comfort zone brings about something positive, Fingers crossed is all I can do for now.

      NO way, I`m putting up my results here :P.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  7. Awww you poor thing! Five hours exam??!! :O *respect*

    "...pretty sure I was succeeding as much as a Zebra wearing dark glasses attempting to get into a Polar bear only golf club." :D The exam clearly hasn't damaged your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because I sat through it doesn't mean I`m going to ace the exam :P.

      Creativity does seem intact but sanity is definitely on the edge.

      Delete
  8. Zoo wee mama...!!! 5 hour exam eh ???? And you survived...!!!! Now that's something.
    Macha..I hereby nominate you for this years bravery award for daring such a feat and living to tell its tale :D:D
    zebra in polar bear golf club...!! Reminded me of the afro circus scene in the new Madagascar's trailer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like I came back alive after a war or something :P.

      Bravery award nomination for me; I think the people who watched Ra One or Tell me Oh Khuda in theaters would deserve it more, no?

      Delete
  9. Phew.. finally the 5 hour exam comes to an end! :D :D ...
    and aww.. your roomie moved?? tsk tsk... :| *evil grin*.. :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 5 hour exam is done, I think I need a vacation just for having written this.

      Delete
  10. Five hours of exam and you lasted that long? Seriously man, you have gone so high in my eyes. I doubt if I will take such an exam even if my life is staked on it!

    And the homesick point? Did you just read my mind? I am in the same boat. Having claimed, rather boasted that I will never be homesick all thro' my college life and the 1st yr @ Hyderabad, now it is like I am devoid of any other emotion other than homesickness. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what can I say - I`m the Rahul Dravid of the exam hall :P.

      The homesick thing is driving me crazy and yes, we are on the same boat; in fact that boat should be arriving in a few days from now :P.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  11. You ninja. You know you aren't in the worst possible time when you can actually say "this is the worst possible time". It's when you can't say it, that you officially know that shit's hit the roof.

    In response to Thunderbolt 1: Fully know what you mean. I'm the Living Lone Wolf right now.

    And you not only wrote a post but replied to the comments. If there was some sorta boy-scout badge I could give you, believe me- I would.

    Have a good one =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every bit of that first paragraph is so True, you sound more Zen Monkish than me now :P.

      Hi-5 fellow Lone Wolf.

      I do try and reply to the comments on every post; its just that it gets delayed sometimes.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
    2. Just scrambled back on here idly.

      Oh my god if you are a serial hi-fiver like myself, then you are like the new blog-best-friend. Hi-fives are awesome, and hi-five!

      I don't know about Zen-monkish, but I do what I can =)

      Delete
  12. Hmm. Kudos to you for sticking it out that long. That's the only thing that matters I suppose. And don't worry, I'm sure you'll make new friends pretty soon in your new dorm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I stuck it out and now feel good about it, so there must be something I must have done correct.

      Thanks for reading this one.

      Delete
  13. Are you sure, that you are not kind of exaggerating the duration? But, you surely deserve a Nobel Prize for Patience if you actually sat through the entire 5 hours of that exam. For all the curses that ensued, I hope whoever set that paper, is still in one piece. And that Zebra thing, absolutely hilarious, I'm still laughing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I`m certain it was 5 hours long because it felt infinitely long and that's when you realize the full potential of Relativity. It was a compulsory paper so had no choice but to slam it out.

      The paper setter is hale and hearty *touchwood* alright.

      Appreciate your coming by.

      Delete
  14. If this post is any indication of your honed skills as a humourist - then O Exam, you have succeeded!! Tummy ache from all the laughing, but completely admire your ability to laugh in the face of adversity (literally!!) Awesome post, dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Humorist ? Moi? *starts flying on cloud 20*

      The intention was simple, if we're going to laugh at the end of it(any difficult situation) you might as well start laughing then and there, why waste time?

      Thanks Nirvana, great having you over.

      Delete
  15. So you really are homesick now or still masking it up by saying that you are sick of home :P
    Sad about the room shift thing. I will have to pack my bags and leave the place I have been staying for 5 long yrs, next mth. :/ I was looking forward to it but now I am not.
    I pray you crack the exam...u lasted through it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so wish I could crack a stupid joke and make my way out of this homesickness thing but its here to stay.

      Shifting out of where you've spent a memorable period of time sucks right? I know you'll back me up on this.

      I`m not even thinking about the results now.

      Delete
  16. All the best for the results!..Thank god, I dont have to give exams anymore..Did the zebra succeed in entering the polar bear club? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, these are my last set of exams, so technically I wouldn't have to write them anymore as well but you can never say anything for certain.

      And Yes, I have confirmed reports that the Zebra's brilliant disguise worked well :D.

      Delete
  17. I love your choice of words!
    This seems to be a good place to be in. Following you up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.

      Welcome aboard and thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  18. One hell of a month boy...And you sailed through it rudder intact...:-)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, far from sailed - clawed/strung on to dear life would be more like it.

      Delete
  19. My first time here...and I must say...you have a way with words....Zebra and Polar bear dig was pure LOL moment...
    Never heard of a 5 hr long exam..man, that must have way too difficult....hats off that you stayed till the end :D

    Off to dig your old posts :)

    Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly Welcome aboard.

      I hadn't heard of a 5 hour exam as well, until I encountered this one and it was tough.

      Happy digging and thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  20. Hey...followed you back here and glad i did! Nice post, thank Heavens you lasted through;) And thank God i am way outta the League:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard Madame.

      Believe me, I so want to get out of this vicious circle of exam writing.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

      Delete
  21. Too much of ranting but kinda like it... nice blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go overboard with the ranting at times but we do what we have to, to get it out of our system.

      Welcome aboard and appreciate your reading this one.

      Delete
  22. "I was succeeding as much as a Zebra wearing dark glasses attempting to get into a Polar bear only golf club." Awesome!

    Hats off to you for sticking it out till the end. Your friends didn't beat you up? I can very well imagine mine doing that to me if I did something like that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankly, most of my friends didn't have any energy left to pull out the pens from their fingers after the exam let alone hit me :P.

      Appreciate your coming over.

      Delete
  23. too much to go through in a month, but attaboy ! you sailed to the shore :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. [A Zen Monk Was Born]

    I spilled my coffee at that.
    I felt you and your exam.
    I'm pretty much wedged too.

    - R.R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedging is sort of a universal phenomenon I guess, no one escapes it.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

      Delete
    2. The previous comment was a failed attempt at a Haiku. Could never get a hang of these things.

      I do come by often.
      It is just that I comment rarely.

      - R.R

      Delete
  25. Believe it or not, I actually did some firefighting in the crisis zone and came out with the trumps - I passed the exam.

    Thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me