Saturday, March 17, 2012

Getting worked up - Why ?

The times we live in are indeed confusing. Stress, Pressure and depression that were previously commonplace  terminologies in hospitals, therapy sessions and psychology textbooks have become household words. If this is any indicator of the pace of our times or the general deterioration of the quality of lives that we lead is something that is thoroughly debatable.  



 


I happened to come across a survey that claimed that a staggering 87% of Indian women feel stressed out most of time and that certainly bummed me out to begin with for I feel we have been blessed with the most beautiful mothers, sisters, gal pals and wives. I mean imagine our lives without them -

1. We would certainly have dirty dishes, stinking laundry and a house that looks like a its been hit by a tornado every single day of the year.

2. We would have nothing to eat in the fridge and still be stinking be stinking with body odor.

3. We would still be fighting wars which began for no apparent rhyme or reason -  picture anything ranging from not being given a slot on the playstation to who should shower first or rather should we shower at all.

4. Kids would inevitably become psychopaths, drug addicts and serial killers by the time they reach their teens.

5. Homosexuality would most definitely be a thing.       

Lets just say without women and their influence, the world would indeed be a terrible place to live in. This responsibility alone is stressful and could bum any human being out. That said, I reckon the ladies could learn a thing or two from men on how to counter being stressed out. 

Here's the 'Atrocious' take on Why men are never depressed?

Men are just simple and happier beings. Food, beer and cars is all it takes to make us your buddy, sometimes even a dude or a bro. A peanut butter and jelly sandwich 10 minutes before lunch does not count as an appetizer, it is merely a signal to let the stomach know that more food is coming its way and importantly chocolate is just another snack.    

For starters, we don't ask you if we look fat in the red hoodie or the blue one or don't have to worry about wearing a white T-shirt to a water park because its perfectly ok to go topless to a water park. We also don't care how our legs look like when we wear shorts and our wedding tuxedo rent costs about 10% of your dress. Our inner wear hardly costs anything, lasts long and most definitely doesn't have strap problems and importantly people don't stare at our chests when we talk to them.

We can easily sport a completely bald, partially bald or an obnoxious hairstyle without as much as a squeak; heck we even have the same hairstyle for decades and graying or wrinkles adds to our charm. Everything on our faces stays in the same shape and color, we only have to shave our faces and also have a say on whether or not we should sport a mustache.

If someone forgets to invite us he/she can still be a friend and a small act of thoughtfulness reaps us great rewards. One pair of denims and shoes which never cut, blister or mangle our feet are more than sufficient for a five day vacation. We don't need directions - both on the road as well as how to tighten a screw and vehicle mechanics always tell us the truth.

We are totally allowed to play with toys, games and pranks all our lives. Our phone conversations last upto a minute under extreme circumstances and the whole world is a urinal. We have a single and perennial mood all our lives and can do wedding shopping for 25 relatives in 25 minutes. 

PS: I fully well know its a sexist post so hardcore feminists are allowed to have a hard on, not that I would care.           
         

41 comments:

  1. wahaoo.. that was one heck of an amazing post!
    Firstly, thanks for making the woman fraternity feel good with the "oh-woman-are-important" part .. Trust me you made me smile by that! And after all I'm your gal pall too right? :P

    Moving on, I agree with the men are simple funda. They know what they want and they do what they want to. What's better, people don't seem to care. And we, oh gosh you dont even wanna know.

    SO many points just made me nod my head multiple times, that now I wonder why it aint stopping :P ..

    The PS was hilarious :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that the essence got across and that you liked it, - My Gal Pal :P.

      Delete
  2. I agree with what you've said, but of course, there is the other side to the coin, AS!

    Men are the proverbial 'providers' or 'protectors' and I have seen enough men in my lifetime to know that they stress about their jobs, keeping their jobs, losing their jobs, their shitty bosses and colleagues, providing sufficiently and well for their family, taking care of their parents and extended family, the list is endless.. :)

    And we women have our ways to relieve stress too, a nice long day at the spa/beauty parlour, a facial, a foot rub or a massage, some gossip with girlfriends over coffee/chocolate cake, shopping sprees, the list here is endless too :D

    Oh, and trust me, you do need directions, you all just won't admit it! :P

    Good to know you understand and appreciate the importance of women, good to know men like you are around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely concur. I reckon, everyone regardless of gender does needs to cool off every once in a while.

      Delete
  3. Your take on 'Why men are never depressed?' has been correctly introduced by yourself. If you are wondering what it is. It is nothing but ATROCIOUS.

    Although, I will refrain my feminist self from being more expressive because the tone on your post vary and contradict with each sentence.

    PS: If this was supposed to be a sexist post I would have loved to have a hard on. But, you failed to give me that pleasure. I am sure you don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops. Turns out I was too harsh with the comment. I am sorry.

      Well, I found out am a feminist just a month ago. It has been quite a revelation. Don't know whether its just a phase or am really gonna become the hardcore feminist. Whatever, it is I realise I do not wish to make any more exorbitant public displays of my feminist ideas.

      Delete
    2. Completely ok Doc, no worries at least you have an opinion.

      Congrats on your new found feminist status.

      Delete
  4. Screw the feminists. They can make me a sandwich.

    (I'm asking for it here, I know)

    Things that I learned from your post? I'm officially a man.
    (apart from the physical externalities)

    - No wait, I already knew the man part of things. Except for the whole world being a urinal. That, I shall refrain from unless the situation calls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shh missy, do you want your effigy burnt or something? :P

      So what if you're a girl, You are a female dude, so Hi-5.

      Delete
    2. You know how people hi-five online? We blink at the same time.

      3
      2
      1

      (blinks)

      Delete
  5. Applause. Standing up. Applause.

    P.S: Well, true that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post again reminds me of that article about men's brains and women's brains. Men's brains supposedly have numerous little boxes for every thing.. one for sports, one for friends, wife etc. and women's brains are nothing but a huge mess of wires where everything is connected to everything.. you touch one wire and boom! Everything is affected and explodes! lol!

    I think by nature women tend to think and analyze too much.. But then we have our ways of de-stressing too! :)
    Nice post!

    ♥ www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bang on, We are wired differently and that's what makes us unique but I sure think we can learn a thing or two from each other.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

      Delete
  7. the part about the men - they way you described each minute detail was really good. was nodding at many places with a big smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
  8. *Sigh* If only we didn't over analyze every single thing! :/ I can relate because even a small thing can cause me to worry and get upset. Having said that, you've hit the nail on the head, and hilariously at that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha...Nice post with razor sharp comments:P Loved the white T shirt comment;) Kudos...you brought out the truth put nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madame and yes, razor sharp comments indeed :P.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for taking notice of the things we do for you :) This made my day! And Guys, simple souls with no demands! We never let you know but at times we do envy you :D No hairy problems, satisfied with a beer and a porn *sigh* We do envy you!
    Loved the P.S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. I was expecting brick bats for the PS, relieved that you loved it.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

      Delete
  11. ... And no PMS. We've already damaged the world enough without that. Imagine Zakir Naik, Arnab Goswami and Baba Ramdev with fits of PMS.


    Regards,
    R.R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, as if they weren't eccentric and catastrophic enough? :P

      Thanks for the read buddy.

      Delete
  12. Wow, you men have a really simpler way to happiness, don't ya? But I do not see what we can learn from the things you have mentioned to live a stress-free life. I accept men are more adept at taking life with a pinch of salt, but there is a reason behind the way women's brains are wired. :P :P ;)

    Maybe in your next birth, if any, you could get to be a girl and write the counter-part of this post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've questioned and answered yourself in the same breath there - just take it easy and with a pinch of salt.

      I would much like that, the view from a girls point of view and a counter post.

      Appreciate the inputs and your coming by Keirthana.

      Delete
  13. hehe a cool one for a stressed mind :P
    Men dont need directions?? Seriously?? They never ask for directions out of ego!
    Men do take stress but yes its mostly about jobs :P For lesser things they always have their other half or mother worrying for them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valid point about the directions - Potato - Potaato :P.

      Its very true that we delegate some of the worrying to our mothers and significant others.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

      Delete
  14. I think that would help a lot of men as well, not just the ladies - Taking the easy and uncomplicated way out.

    Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The post as well the comments make up for a good read. And the points about men, couldn't agree more..:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked reading the post. Completely Agree that the comments are equally interesting if not more :P.

      Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  16. heiii???? whaaaa??? pffft
    i had written nice comment yesterday only...but i never realised it didn't get posted thanks to the awesomeness of my office internet..
    what blehhhh... :/

    aaan..ur post post...oooo...before i say anything...
    you ps got me cracking ok..
    my extra excited mind..started running in a specific direction..looking at the word "hard on"...bwahahahahahahaaa

    aaan...allright...i agree with thy post..but then..women are wired that way..we tend to get so worked up about almost everything in our lives...sighh...
    and yess...men are so lucky that ways..don have to really bother about those points u mentioned...sighhhh...
    nice post macha
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the comment was too awesome for your office network to handle :P.

      That's just the turn of phrase; I don't make such phrases, I just use them.

      Thanks for the read Aditi and the usual super long, super bubbly comment - Just the way I like it.

      Cheers :)

      Delete
  17. Makes for pleasant reading and gives a happy feeling on your appreciation of the women folk in your life. I guess you'd done that in a previous post too, right?

    But......
    I guess you are being one sided in your views about both Men and Women in the second phase of your post. Entertaining but too far away from the truth for most people.

    Well, on second thoughts, I think what you say probably holds true for the younger college going generation, the single Men and Women and a few exceptions out there.

    http://knowledgetoday.wharton.upenn.edu/2011/07/why-are-indian-women-so-stressed-out/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It holds good for anyone who gets stressed out in life not just women - myself included because we could all do with a good laugh about ourselves; lets face it, being serious has anyway led us to being stressed out in the first place.

      Thanks for the inputs, the comment and the article Shadia, interesting insight it was.

      Delete
  18. Oh yeah..you cannot imagine a life without women. You need a pat on your back for making the womenkind smile :)

    Sometime ago, I read this message in someones FB wall - "If the world were devoid of women, it would be a pain in the ____" :D

    The 'atrocious' take is truly applause-worthy. For me..I can be nodding for almost everything since I live with Zack...wait..I have to make him read this post..hehehe

    Erm..point I do not agree to - "wedding shopping for 25 relatives in 25 minutes"...really? You are most welcome to the next function in my family :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would gladly like to help out with your family's shopping with the exception of one small problem - your family might maul me to death for my choices :P.

      Thanks for coming by and reading this one Visha.

      Delete
  19. Thank you for the first part of the post atleast you someone agrees =D

    And also we have to care and make sure we look our best cause the first people to comment on are hairy legs and bushy eyebrows will be men . So zip it on that :P , we go through excruciating pain to look nice for ourselves and you'll too ;)

    Nice post like always :D Blessed BE :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken, don't stop looking nice but the message I`m trying to send across is don't let it bum you out either.

      Appreciate your coming by and your inputs.

      Delete
  20. In my opinion, the BIGGEST reason why men are as cool as cucumber:
    You guys have 1 hormone at reasonably same level at all times. Hence, you have no idea how pissing off the mood-swings are.

    And my mum is obviously 1 of that 87%. I just hope that I dont end up being a part of that statistic too :-/

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me