Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tag TIme

This post has been pending for a while now and will firstly result in my hind being kicked by the parties to be mentioned hereupon. My sincerest apologies to them for the delay in carrying out the honors that they have so graciously bestowed on me. 

Ms Nirvana and Ms Spiff (in that order) had awarded me with the following awards on their blogs sometime back. 





They were either inebriated, hallucinating or both and decided that this blog be awarded. I'm grateful to them for thinking that this blog deserved mention. Another point worthy of mention here is that these were my first ever accolades in the blog world and coming from some of my favorite blog writers meant a whole lot more to a rookie like me.

Believe me this took some blog hopping and then it finally dawned on this dimwit that I am to state Seven Random facts about myself and also pass on the award to 7 other blogs. 

Cutting to the Chase -

1. I am as lazy as they come. I have been scolded umpteen number of times by the mother because I could not bring myself to walk 3 exact steps forward to switch off 2 tube lights in my room before falling asleep but would wrap the pillow all over my head to avoid the glare of the lights.

2. I`m an extremely morning person, so much so, that my body clock has accurate tuning. If I happen to set the alarm for 5 AM, 99 out of a 100 times, I would disable the alarm at 4.59 AM and also wake up the people around me because I cant bear the sight of people sleeping when I`m awake. For proof, ask the Kid Sister as to how she was force converted into a Morning Person. Yes, I know I`m evil.

3. I`m blind as a bat. Ask me for a book located in the most inaccessible shelf of a library that has the architecture of a labyrinth and I will bring it to you in a flash but ask me to get you something that's right in front of my eyes and I will fail you.

4. I have this uncanny ability to sniff out as well as throw surprise parties. Don't get me wrong here but my friends have thrown me many a pseudo surprise birthday party but someone or the other would make an excuse/ make one wrong move and the surprise would prematurely reveal itself. I for one have thrown a surprise party  to someone outside a police station calling the person up to get the original insurance papers from home claiming to be in an accident in which the car was supposedly pulverized by a truck.

5. I have the memory of an elephant. I can state to you in increasing order of size, the breakfast menu on my first flight which incidentally was the first time I traveled alone when I was all of 7. Questions such as - Are you also the size of an elephant will be politely ignored.    

6. I have this habit of keeping notes of larger denominations in my wallet because of this constant fear that if there are many 5's and 10's then the temptation to splurge will grow stronger and it is fairly easier for me to curtail the need to spend the 50's and 100's. This has nothing to do with the fact that I am a certified Miser.   

7. I am a failed cause to alcoholism. I have once downed One and half tall glasses of Long Island Iced Tea and didn't have a clue as to why my friends were sniggering away to glory but remember having sound sleep that night. I have drunk half a dozen Irish Coffees consecutively but only recently did I find out that Irish Coffee contains one quarter Irish whiskey in it. My point of contention - If I`m not getting high, why the heck should I lose money over it. 
                                                    
The award is hereby passed on to every single reader of the blog. Would love to read seven random facts about those who read this blog.    

19 comments:

  1. Enjoyed getting to know you! You deserve both the awards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIMME YOUR MEMORY! ASAP! I ma surely flunking my exams!!!
    Law is such a huuuge stream :(
    Ok...So you dont get high , well i hate the taste of alchohol, so i can never have more than a sip or two, so that way I AM CLEEAN! :D

    Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT was funn knowing you and I too m a certified Miser with the same denomination strategy :P :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaa..super niiice macha..!!!
    loved reading about ye..:):):)
    lol with that surprise party thingi..!!!
    and yess i love thy blog..:):)

    cheers..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi-faive! I'm blind as a bat too!
    :P
    And I agree with your point no.7, but in a slightly different manner. I feel it's a waste to drink if I don't get high eventually. So I proceed to drink steadily so that I get high. :P I can't stand those people who say 'I can have 6 pegs and still be steady'. Might as well drink six glasses of water the. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ The Girl at First Avenue - Pleasure's mine. Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

    @Red - Lets do a memory transfer Inception Style and yes, Law is an ocean indeed. Yah,I don't get high so drinking never even took off for me, so much so that I`ve even stopped Cola. Thanks a bunch for the congratulation, comment and stopping by.

    @Maithili - High Five to Miserliness, I thought I was the only weirdo with that denomination strategy. Appreciate your comment and stopping by.

    @Meoww - I don't know if half these things even count as facts. I loved the randomness in the surprise party outside a police station, the best part is the birthday baby didn't even suspect it. My blog says it loves you too. Thanks for commenting and coming over.

    @ Ms Spiff - Thanks again for the honor milady. Blind bats Hi Faive'ing each other, that's a sight to watch out for. Totally concur with you on the drinking count but those are the exact people who drink and get out of control just to prove a point. Appreciate your coming by and reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't get out of control and all ok. :( Just very happy and giggly and chatty and dance-y. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Atrocious... gr8 to get to know you. And there are denominations larger the 50 and 100 :-)! Reminds of some movie where Jagathy (or was it Mohanlal)walks around with 500 bucks and keeps telling people he needs to pay people 10 bucks! Nice strategy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And @Spaceman ... 'getting out of control' is a terminology used to describe unexplained bouts of laughter/dance moves/hugs/garrulousness etc. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Hahahahaha , I am SO tempted to do that. I stay awake for 5 mins more till someone comes near the room and ask them to switch them off!
    2. OMG, I am not AT ALL a morning person. Maybe because I sometimes sleep at 2-3 -__- But if I'm awake, I get everyone up too! :D I guess all elder siblings are a little evil like that!
    3. Mee too! And then mom will search for it and tell me it was right in front of your eyes. I just suck at locating stuff :/
    4. My surprise bday party,I already knew who all were coming and at what time. It sucks though. I want one real 'surprise party' .. Whoa wow, poor that bday person must've gotten scared no? But that idea's great :D
    5. OMG *almost dies of jealousy* Can I please please pleeeease borrow it during exams? I do not have such an amazing wow-some memory. *sigh*
    6. Hahaha,even I think that but I'm not a miser! MY younger bro is one :(
    7. I'm yet to try alcohol.

    Loved ze post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Machi...first up BIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUG...congrats....I'm not so sure about the versatile part (you already know my take on that award ;)) but the second one I yeebsolutely concur :D...and what a nice way to distribute the awards back though I'd much rather have my name explictly mentioned to pick it up...you know free publicitly and all :P...machi apologies once again, have been sick and down with allergies to help you out, be rest assured that it's on top of my list, but I also is the lazy like you ;)...
    keep blogging my friend...you never know whose day you just made with your posts :D

    P.S To answer your last question, you don't have to be Santa, that post was taken long ago...but you can be our very own blogger world ka Rajani :P :P :P...ayeppudi :O

    ReplyDelete
  12. A morning person?! A MORNING PERSON!
    HMPH is all I got for you.

    *grudgingly*
    Congrats on the awards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post...first time here I think :-)
    I keep switching between morning, evening and night person...and I can never sleep with lights on...but its so funny :-D pillows :-D:-D

    Cheers....

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Ms Spiff - You're the chatty-screamer type are you?

    @ Nirvana- Thanks again for the honor. There are denominations larger than the 50's and 100's but again the fear of being pick pocketed prevails.

    @ Blahblaholic - Hi-five on almost all counts. Don't try the alcohol missy, seriously not worth the bother.

    @Machi - Get your point but this was due and had to be done. I wanted to mention names specifically but then wanted to read interesting fact posts about others as well. I would love to read Random Facts about you, so get cracking.

    Nothing serious, I hope? Just get well soon and you can get back to being awesome again. Flattered on the Rajini comment. Thank you so much.

    @ DK - Please do not discriminate against the otherwise awake :P. Thank you for the congrats.

    @TheBluntBlogger - Welcome aboard Mademoiselle. Glad to have you here and that you loved the post. I wish I could switch between those profiles like you but guess I`m doomed this way for life. Thanks a lot for the comment and for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Point 3..me is loves it

    point 6...am in your league buddy..

    you should tell this "tell me about yourself" interview question

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kudos to you!! I never really knew that there was something called a Morning Person. I'm still wondering if that's fact or fiction. I usually drag myself out of bed when its ultimately inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Deepa - Hi-5, If I ever want to get chucked out of a job, I will mail this to the HR people who will do the rest.

    @Shadia - Unfortunately once I`m awake, I cannot just lie around in bed, so I get out of bed and get a move on the things to do. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, you're lazy, yet you're a morning person?!
    Aiyyo! What???? :P

    Nice post, again! Loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The two are mutually exclusive. You can wake up early and not do anything the entire day right?

    Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me