I`ve been asked time and again as to why I chose to baptize my blog - Atrocious Scribblings among a gazillion other possible names.
Well, the following Video clip is my inspiration.
On watching this clip, I thought to myself, if I ever blog on a platform I would try writing something as flamboyant(if not more) and wacky. The language is sheer brilliance no?
For the flamboyance to take shape, one does need a compelling enough name, doesn't one? Hence the obvious took place and this blog has and will be known as Atrocious Scribblings.
PS: What do you people reckon about the look of the space?
Well, the following Video clip is my inspiration.
On watching this clip, I thought to myself, if I ever blog on a platform I would try writing something as flamboyant(if not more) and wacky. The language is sheer brilliance no?
For the flamboyance to take shape, one does need a compelling enough name, doesn't one? Hence the obvious took place and this blog has and will be known as Atrocious Scribblings.
PS: What do you people reckon about the look of the space?
I love your madrascity rather than simplicity :D
ReplyDeleteWell, what you can do about the space is add a background picture that resonates with your content.
Stay Blessed ^_^
Look of the space...?? Hmmm.. I am the wrong person suggesting u this considering my space is still as primitives as blogger allotted me.. No wait I changed the background.. :):) So if you find some template or background that speaks abt u.. Try it.. Supposedly there are loads that one can do.. But I am ignorant in it.. :) sorry..!!
ReplyDeleteI couldnt check the video thru my blog, but i will definitely the next time i turn on my laptop. I love your blog and you know, I cnt imagine your blog with some other name. It is set for you and in no way will any other name suit you. that name is attractive and lures us to read it! I swear!
ReplyDeleteAbout the Look, like every other Virgo, including me, ur blog is very very neat with no unnecessary widgets and stuff, but y not go for Gud template which is quite unique and kind f efines ur style. There are so many of it!
I like simple templates the best. No crazy font or bright backgrounds. That way yours is perfect.
ReplyDeleteAs for your blog name.. Yes even I can't think of your blog with any other name. The kind of content your posts have matches your blog name.
Choosing a blog name was hard for me... Took me a long time but in the end I found a perfect match!
I meant i cudnt check the video thru my mobile
ReplyDeleteYour simple template is the essence of your blog :) Its nice :) And your scribblings can be called nothing but beautifully atrocious :)
ReplyDeleteyour blog is neat..clutter free..should i take the liberty to say it reflects your nature as well..:) hmm..the name is also unique..i guess u can try adding some background which u feel identifies with your personality..!
ReplyDeleteYou write well..
Cheers..:):):)
simple and neat.. :) less gadgets so..
ReplyDeleteloved the video.. :)
name of the blog is really good.. :)
Three column. I TOLD you it's awesome:) Wee bit more colors? Manly ones atleast?:P And jussst a coupla more widgets.
ReplyDeleteTry centering the title though.
And I couldn't see the video, my browser acting up? Or bad link?
@ The Guy in the Mirror - Will try adding a background in due time. Thanks for your comment and suggestion.
ReplyDelete@ Superrrnickkk...!!!! - I`m as clueless as you buddy, hence the question. Thanks for coming over and your inputs.
@ Red - Do check the video on your Laptop and let me know if it works there. If not will try tinkering with it. I have the patience of a 3 year old so settled for this one. Did however look at a few templates, didn't seem to like them much. Thanks for the comment, your pointer and Hi-5 to Virgos being organized.
@ The Girl at First Avenue - Totally concur with you on the simple templates front, it's easier on spatially challenged folks like myself. Appreciate your inputs and your coming by.
@ Serendipity - Your comment made my Saturday. Thank you for that.
@Meoww - I don't know if it reflects my personality, that's for the world to judge. Yes, will try adding some background. Thanks for your comment and your inputs.
@Arpitha Holla - Simple and neat is what I was going for, glad it got through to you. The video cracks me up every single time I watch it. Appreciate your coming by.
@DK - You get an additional box of Lindt for the 3 column idea. Are the colors not manly enough? Will definitely Center the title. Please try refreshing your browser and let me know. If not will tinker with the video link. Thanks for coming over and your valuable inputs.
My stomach achiing with the video me laughings :P...True blue Machi...it should look good...can I get one box of Lindt along with a Porsche too(makes puppy-dog face)?
ReplyDeleteAtrocious Scribblings - is an apt name you have for your blog...
ReplyDelete@Machi - Lindt can do, Porsche??? What am I, Santa Claus???
ReplyDelete@Binu Thomas - Glad you feel that way.
The video was atrocious! so I guess choosing the blogname is totally justified.
ReplyDeleteYour blog's look is damn neat man, so you dont have 2 worry about that. As far as my experience goes, content is way more important than look, but a blog is a personal space and till you feel comfortable about it, nothing like it :)
Also, it funny how tiny incidents help us make an important decision.. And well, your unusual blogname made me come check you out, so..
Cheers to that! :)
Glad you feel that the name is apt, the video was posted to send precisely this message across.
ReplyDeleteDo keep coming over as and when your fancy pleases. Appreciate your inputs and your coming by.