Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chop Chop - 2013

Its 2013 and like every year - this one has gotten off to a meandering start. That's a welcome slowdown considering the kind of year 2012 was - much like the runaway song of the year - Gangnam Style.        



[chop_hdr.png]


The past year was packed with so much activity that I can't actually believe it whizzed past so soon. This considering we're almost two weeks into the new year is reason enough to declare it a sizzler of a year. Experiences ranging from hitting absolute rock bottom to stagnant mediocrity to atmospherically high(literally) were had. That said - the clincher would have to be that the year began and ended on a vacation; a long one at that.

The standout of 2012 though would have to be my time in India in the final two months of the year. Barely missing having my name struck off the Family ration card - I got home in November 2012 and it has been one long party ever since; endless rounds of catching up with friends, acquaintances, relatives happened and fellow bloggers were met in real time. 

Doomsday dinner was had while the 2012 movie was played and laughing about how a thriller movie changed genres into something comic never got tiring. Ushering in of the new calender year by switching off the mobile phone and tucking in early was a welcome change after years, if not decades of going sleepless on the last day of the year and sleeping through most of the first day of the new year.

Amid all this - counting down the days left for the dreaded return to the airport while reminiscing the wonderful vacation that just went by and hoping for the earliest possible return home is probably what makes a tin chested robot such as myself human.

The only thing left to add is - Happy New Year and Chop, Chop - for 2013 is here.             

 




    

21 comments:

  1. Vacation at motherland!! I can easily guess what might have happened during the 'relaxation' :P :D

    uh-oh...why do you call yourself a tin chested robot :/

    Haha..chop chop 2013..I like the term :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it - there's barely been time to sit in one place and relax - scuttling around took up a huge chunk of the trip.

      Happy New year to you.

      Delete
  2. Aha so AS is back after such a long gap... Happy new year :) and tin chested robot????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New year Jas - this hardly qualifies as being back; hoping to make it more frequently out here.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year to you too! 2012 sort of just flew by and it does look like 2013 is going to be no different. Have a great year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh absolutely - if this is any indication of how 2013 is going to turn out - I cannot wait for it.

      Happy new year.

      Delete
  4. I can't even begin to put my year 2012 into a summary. Too many things have happened.

    But yes, one of the highlights was that I met three of my blogger friends. Yayayayay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this post is a failed attempt at summarizing 2012 so I will go with 'Same pinch' on that front and also on the meeting blogger friends.

      Delete
  5. A jam packed year with a 2 month vacation in the end? I envy you...

    Enjoy your vacation .If I were you I would gorge on the lovely home made food.God knows once I am back on my own...ehem ehem..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rest assure that there was a lottt of gorging done - I know exactly what you mean and am dreading the trip back to the airport just on that count.

      Delete
  6. Aaah you were in India..Wow, must have been so good to reconnect!
    2012 has been a roller-coaster and yes I met 3 of my blogger friends too in their city... and a lot more in real-time.. Enduring!

    Hope you have a great 2013 :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said - its been one long party since I landed. Meeting blogger friends in real time is indeed exhilarating.

      Delete
  7. Maaaan...you beat me to the post maaan!!
    pffffffffffft..someone kick my lazy bum..
    hihihi..okay..my work for the weekend is here \m/\m/\m/

    cheers bud!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. I'm a bit late but I've only gotten back to blogging in full swing recently LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do keep writing - belated New year wishes to you as well.

      Delete
  9. Arre waah you were back :) Nice to know. New year posts I just fish and read :P

    Very curious what your name is . I am random . I am going now. Bye :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far from being back - hope to read your posts as well.

      Delete
  10. I wasn't in town much - spent most of my time going around. A meet with the Chennai bloggers is definitely on the next time I`m there.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me