Today's weird tagline comes to you courtesy of an evening spent with a neighbors canine friend.
As a 7 year old who's many evenings and afternoons were spent sending a ball a million times into an aged couples' garden in the name of cricket; I was fascinated by their dog or more so their love for it because they were childless and it was akin to a child for them. The dog was a recipient of their undivided attention. It lived a blessed existence until the day it breathed its last and made us green with envy just watching the pampering it got from its owners.
This was what a typical day in the life of the neighbor's dog looked like
7.30 AM - Morning wake up call and Walk to empty bowels.
9.00 AM - Breakfast usually some milk and some fish.
11:00 AM - Weekly visit to the vet for regular check up.
1.00 PM - A multi course lunch.
2.00 PM - Post lunch drive in their car to the nearest Ice cream parlor where the dog would be fed the flavor of the day for desert - Point to note here is that they got the store to supply them with sugar free ice cream because Sugar is apparently not good for the pooches.
3.00 PM - Post Lunch + Post dessert Siesta on the leather couch with the cooler blazing in full throttle.
6.00 PM - Evening stroll with Owner to enable digestion of food.
7.30 PM - Multi Course Dinner with special meat on selected days.
10.00 PM - Post dessert drive around town because they would complain that the dog refused to sleep without a late night drive.
Now, I`m no big believer in the Reincarnation Theory but if it is indeed true - I wouldn't mind being a dog in one such household; After all one does need a fallback option in the afterlife :P.
ha ha... who would not want to be a dog if you get such a treatment... even as human, I don't each that much of ice cream.. nobody takes me.. :(
ReplyDeleteOh its a dog's life for me too. Yessur.
ReplyDeleteGod's life apparently
DeleteAaahh luxurious life indeed.
ReplyDeleteWell now even I wouldn't mind if I were a dog :D
P.S> did the dog put on weight? :P
Hahaha :D
I was to envious to notice :P.
Deleteha ha :D Don't tempt us all :)
ReplyDeleteI don't want competition in the afterlife now, do I? :P
DeleteThey say na, Every dog has its own day. This one had an entire life!
ReplyDeleteNow no one would say- Live life king size. Infact, after reading this, it should be- Live life, Dog size :D
Just imagine - this was the Siddharth Mallya of dogs :P.
DeleteAnd they call it a dog's life! SO ironical :D I know some people whose dogs are pampered exactly like this. I don't think anybody else gets the same attention and royal treatment.
ReplyDeleteTrue that Sruthi, the maid in that house used to run helter skelter getting things done for the dog.
DeleteWelcome back. I see that you have recovered from the disease-that-shall-not-be-named.
ReplyDeleteI think most of the people think about being a dog atleast once in their lifetime. I know I've had, atleast five times a day, to be a golden retriever. But since we are stuck at being human, so.....
More like getting back on my feet.
DeleteEverytime I look at a dog, I am instantly reminded of this post :P.
I so want to be a dog if I get so many icecreams and not have to worry about putting weight :D :D
ReplyDeleteWouldn't we all?
DeleteThis dog lived a king's life.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you do not mind being a dog..wait..why just you, anybody wont mind :P
In the schedule, I do not see the king..oops..dog playing or doing any 'active' activity...well, to answer my own query, it did live a kings life to the T
Sigh....Envy inducing post AS
-Visha
In all fairness - it did take two walks in the day - one in the morning and one in the evening after which ofcourse it royally dined and drove around town :P.
DeleteSuper envious cuts it more close don't you think?
Watch what you ask for. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe struggle and struggle - for what? For food and comfort - I'd much rather be a dog like the one in the post and done with it.
DeleteHa ha :P
DeleteTrue!! But you know you could just wish to be a millionaire's son instead. A dog can only do so much!
Don't we struggle because we love it? We could have taken the low way and be done with.
Anyways, I think am making a serious discussion out of a light blog post. (That is so me... he he)
All your readers would like to be a 'loved dog' in the next life... watch out you have some serious competition. :D
DeleteMy chacha wants to be born a dog, coz his wife treats the dog better than him. :D.
ReplyDeleteWould you blame him ??? :P
DeleteHahaha, I envy the dog too now =p
ReplyDeleteThat 'dog' lead a god's life :D.
Deleteaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..i came to blogger yesterday..
ReplyDeletehow i no see post???
pfftttt...
oh..i see i see..nice nice...healthy dog you become and enjoy in your next birth..
but you never know..
you might wish to become a nice sexy human like your master..
blehehehehehe...
grass is always greener on the other side no..?
nice post only da..
cheers!!
No, I have decided what I want in the afterlife - A Zippy pug in a millionaire household with the sexy mistress of the house holding me in her arms all the time and me crapping all over her dress :P.
DeleteThe grass sure looks greener on the other side.
Well, they are absonfreakinlutely adorable , and deserve all the pampering.. ok i love DOGS.
ReplyDeleteI had my princess for 13 Yeras, and we used to pamper her like crazy (err, calling her Princess, you got the gist ryt):D ....
I love dogs too but this (post content) is causing mass envy :P
DeleteOhhhhh, tell me about it !
ReplyDeleteI love doooogs and yet I am J of some of them. back in Mysore I used to stay right opposite a pet shop attached to a vet clinic and I used to see these guys (I am referring to the dogs because dog seems to make them sound liek animals but they are actually VVVVVIPs) would come in cars with names I cannot pronounce or spell. And I'd look at my two wheeler and them and then knew what to wish for Christmas :P
All fate mama.
And ooooo, that charming guy in the pic is sooooooo awwwwwwwwww :) ghe sure is at some(thing's) BECK and call :P
See, that's exactly what I`m talking about - the pooches have luxury at their BECK and call :D.
Deletehaha..funny post..Sometimes when I see dogs been driven around in luxurious cars..I turn green with envy :)
ReplyDeleteI turn different shades of green depending on how awesome the car is :P
DeleteWelcome aboard and thanks for coming by.
Hehe, that is one seriously lucky dog!
ReplyDeleteWOW!! My Dog lived this exact way, until he was alive. He also had owners of bitches waiting for him so that he can well 'mate' with their pets. Talk about a high life!!
ReplyDeleteDamn, okay I know what I want to be reborn as.
I wouldn't mind standing in queue to be a house pet in your house - seems like a royal life :P
DeleteYou can do that being a human being as well but this cruel world makes you feel guilty for it sooner rather than later.
ReplyDelete