Sunday, December 18, 2011

Lazy and Loving it.

BLEH ALERT

Have been in a very fickle mindset for the past few days; not being able to make up my otherwise firm mind  which if you must know does not cover up for the fact that I have been downright lazy in updating this space. Just that I haven't found anything interesting to do with this dark,depressing and motivation sapping weather here. One feels like retiring to bed after 4 in the evening when its already pitch dark outside and hunger strikes earlier than expected. The only plus side to winter is being able to watch  the dreamy white snowflakes populate the lawns and driveways while armed with a cup of steaming coffee and simultaneously resting your feet against the heater - Therapeutic I must say.

With the sub zero temperatures, snow and practically nothing to do; the roomie and I ransacked the kitchen this weekend to end up making - Nutella and Butter filled French Croissants. For one, eating fresh food out of the oven is probably the closest I`m going to get to orgasmic and secondly the kitchen has additional heaters making it all the more attractive to stand next to a fuming hot electric stove or an oven.  


This is how they turned out.

After gorging on only half a dozen (On a diet you see :P) of these babies and taking a nice long siesta in the dead of the day, I can safely say this weekend was eventful.               


                                                              What have you guys been upto?

PS: What do you guys think of the header? 

  

24 comments:

  1. Loveee the header. For once I thought that was the post :P

    Those Croissants look yumm. 30 days here and thats a breakfast I've had every single day. With butter and peanut butter. But it did not bore me. Strange for a fussy eater like me.

    And the pic above makes me want them more. You made them? Seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice header, AS. Really like the beach pic. You actually baked those croissants? I'm impressed. Makes me want to head off to the nearest bakery and have them. Isn't Nutella the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool header.. Everybody seems to be giving their blogs an year-end makeover.

    I miss miss miss croissants.. I hate the ones we get here, they just don't taste the same. I think i'll run away to Europe again :/
    Like Soumya said even I was surprised I dint get bored of it. Usually i cannot have the same item for breakfast twice in a row. But this became my breakfast and snack for the entire duration of my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Header is good! Really good!
    And croissants just tasted good only once!
    And then I got bored! Story of my life!
    I can't have it for straight 30 days like Soumya and Chandana!
    But this pic makes me want for more! :P :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Offo! Somebody's been busy.New header and all, huh? :) Looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting header, I must say!! Great job buddy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THE HEADER :( I am jealous..I want a change of my blog loook but cannot find anything which suits the content and the name :(
    nd the croissants!!!! I am hungry!
    Nutella filling!! gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  8. the header's pretty cool... I like :)

    And those croissants are making me hungry now :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Machi you are making me think twice about my Germany trip now :(...I YATE the cold...I've never actually been in a place where it snows, not that I have any memory of at least,it's always been during springs and summers, but I know how beautiful it can be when those snow flakes decide to bless you with their uber presence....but I would get sick of the boring landscape in a day...whites and blacks bore me...I'm all about colours you see ;)...It's good you are honing up your cooking skills, the profile for Bharat Matrimony will look 'samma chooper Machi' :P...

    My weekend hmmm... you know has been at its lethargic best...just 10 days before this year ends :'(...even the prospect of my B'day coming up isn't cheering me up...where did 2011 vanish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the header, I want the cake lol!

    And I understand your boredom and just wanting to sleep and eat - I feel like that everyday lol!

    http://pablosangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want the chocolate cake from the header :D :D
    The colds keeping you in, eh? :)

    Late 20s?? :O :O No ways! You actually thought that? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Soumya - I was supposed to have put in the header about 3 months back, justifies the title of the post doesn't it? :P

    Croissants any day of the year for me and yes, I did bake them. Peanut butter, Yumm.

    Thanks for coming by.

    @Sumitra - I love the beach pic as well and bake some at home because they're very easy to do and the nutella filling is heavenly.

    Appreciate your coming over.

    @Chandana - I was supposed to have done the header eons back, just that I was sitting on my hind.

    Come off to Europe, we'll happily gorge on Croissants watching the snow and yes, they don't taste the same in India.

    Thanks for coming by.

    @Paanipuri Lover - Thanks bud. You've got to try some authentic croissants, they're an absolute treat.

    Thanks for the read.

    @Ms Spiff - No busy nothing; Just been horsing around, that's all.

    @Binu Thomas - Thanks buddy, glad you like it.

    @Red - Fiddle around a little(that's what I did); I`m sure you'll come across something you like sooner or later.

    Whoever invented chocolate filling deserves the Nobel Prize; dont they?

    Thanks for coming by.

    @Confused Soul - Glad that you like the header and get your hands on a croissant asap, they're little pieces of heaven.

    Appreciate your coming over.

    @Digs - There's a big plus to the cold, you feel like sleeping and eating all the time, who would ever say no to that.

    Cooking for survival Machi, no other way out here. How did Bharat Matrimony suddenly figure in the scheme of things? Not you too.

    Thanks for coming by.

    @Hazel - That cake makes me drool each time I look at it, even if it is just after a 4 course meal :D.

    And Winter does that to us doesn't it?

    Appreciate your coming by.

    @Philo - Anything for you, birthday girl :P.

    I swear on Croissants that I pegged you for a 20 something and rightly so, you write such deep stuff.

    Thanks for coming by and Happy Birthday again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *still shocked* :P
    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those croissants look scrumdiddlyumptious :D I'm more fond of chocolate waffles than croissants, but now I have this craving for croissants. hmph. :/ The header looks cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The header looks really good and those croissants look a lot more better!!! The love for croissants is quite addictive, like chocolate! And chocolate filled croissant is... yummmmmmmmm :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. did u miss my comment?
    Did u? Did u? Did u?
    Blehehehehehehehe..

    Sigh..was handling a stupid sprain the whole day..so yeah i haven unfortunately fallen behind in my immediate response.. :/

    owwww.-hmm totally heart your header..! Like totallyyy !
    I have plan of giving you a contract for coming up with a Oh-so-Meee- header for my blaaag now..:-):-):-):-)
    aaahaaan do i read..a Good chef in the making now..
    Oh no harm in multitasking yeh see :p :p
    they do look delicious ^_^

    and its that cold over there eh..you know what would be the perfect remedy for the teeth chattering cold..???!

    A CAT..yeh totally..a giant big orange fur ball..purring away to glory like a giant lawn mover..
    It will keep you totally warm..provided you hug it 24 7 and also covered in cat hair..^_^

    gahahahahahahahahaa
    and you lazy fellow..should i blame your lazyness for your lack of comment on my last post..?

    *hurt look and walking away slowly*

    *shakes head..slowly..*
    (errm the sprain has increased the friction)
    and NO i havent turned mentaaaaal :D :p :D

    cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  17. The croissants look soooooo yummmyyy!!! *hateyouchef!*
    The header actually looks good here.. :D Especially after you toned down the effects which toned down the images ka wordings :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. @KSS - I'd take waffles too with a nice gooey chocolate syrup over it.

    Thanks for coming by.

    @Writing Bee - Chocolate croissant is the complete package, right? I'd marry it if I could :D.

    Appreciate your coming over.

    @Aditi - Your comments keep getting awesome each time Dudette and yes, I did miss your comment, like literally; this one went directly into Spam because of its length :P.

    Hows the sprain now? Take loads of rest and relax at home, the winter doesn't let you work to full potential anyway.

    The header and the croissant were a result of Joblessness. I'm almost certain you'll have the most sucky header if you give the contract to me.

    I`m more of a dog person and I dont quite understand poems so I read your post as soon as it was published but didn't know what to comment.

    Thanks again for this sizzler of a comment and for coming by.

    @Viya - Firstly thanks for helping out with regards to the header; couldn't have done it without you.

    Gonna try another batch of croissants this weekend.

    Appreciate your coming over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Header- Awesome! I thought all the girls in bloggers are going for a blog-makeover and here you are.. Giving us a tough competition..:P
    Croissants-Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy... I want some right now.. Wish I could cook, or at least wish that my guy could cook :P

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like I said, the header was to be up more than 3 months ago, I've just been resting on my hind :P.

    Come and get some, I`m making a couple of batches this weekend as well and cooking is no rocket science, I`m sure you'll rock it once you get the hang of it.

    Thanks for coming by and cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. THE HEADERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! <3
    I love it. Bah, I suck at all this. Everyone's changing their blog, making it look better =/
    The croissants *droools* YUMMY! Nutella filling?! *DROOLMAX* I love Nutella. like LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
    Yummmmmmm =d
    Take care you!
    And stay warm =)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks a lot and yes, take my word when I tell you that croissants with Nutella are to die for.

    Is your leg any better now? Get well soon and give us your ever so bubbly posts.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hate people who upload pictures of food. *gets a gun and pretends to shoot him*
    The header looks amazing and so do the croissants. Parcel them to India pileeej. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  24. Dont shooootttt :P

    Glad you like the header and the croissants. 1 parcel croissants comin right up :P

    Thanks for coming by Oracle.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me