Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Its that time of the year



Its that time of the year again when we bid adieu to the outgoing calender year in the midst of parties, celebrations and welcome the incoming calender year with hopes, aspirations and prayers.  I'm beginning to love year ends, simply for the fact that one chapter full of distinct memories ends for a new one to take its place. 

At the end of every year when there are only a few days left, one cannot help but look back in hindsight; 2011 has been one sizzler of a chapter. It was like a bottle of wine, ageing elegantly and getting better with time. It is remarkable how reality and relativity catch up with us and make us realize certain perspectives we thought never existed.

1.What seems like a few months ago when I recollect moving into my first own room in Germany is a whisker short of a year now.

2. What seemed like my first trip into continental Europe in early 2011 was followed subsequently by plenty many; to my surprise of course.

3. What seemed like my first post in Spring 2011, is now quite some distance behind with 20 odd posts adding to it.

4. My first blog comment came in mid 2011 from one of my favorite blog writers; extremely cherished, it has paved way for all that I have today with regards to this blog space.

5. Many other firsts. 

Standing in the freezing cold New years Parade on the cusp of the new year almost a year ago, I resolved to feel grateful every single day in 2011. Although I have to admit I haven't quite kept up this resolution I cannot help but feel grateful for all the experiences and memories that 2011 has given me personally, academically and otherwise. Its almost as if there is a grand plan in the background to custom fit a different sentiment and experience for each moment, day, week, month and season of the year. In the end the out of the ordinary memories; happy, sad, boring or otherwise survive. 

I must admit that I will certainly not look at 2011 - 5,10 or 15 years down the line as just another year bade goodbye to but as the year I encountered certain events and people who made it memorable and worth remembering. At this point I must acknowledge every single reader of this blog for having taken the time to read the seldom sensible and mostly nonsensical write ups that I publish on this space. 

A specific mention must also be made to every single person who has commented on the posts that have been put up till date. I salute you for staying till the end of each post and taking the time to tell me your thoughts; your words have helped me grow in more ways than you can think and albeit temporarily keep me from being the lazy head that I usually am.

2011 has been extra special in more ways than I can think and chiefly responsible for making it so awesome are the following, I cannot even begin to appreciate what they have done for me:-

1. Ms Red - with pretty Green eyes, she calls herself Red Handed with an ugly head; little realizing how much color and laughter she brings into her readers' lives with her ever so famous rib cracking humor.

2. Ms Spiff - Humor, not blood runs in her veins. This Virgo has injected a smile on my face each time I felt even slightly less awesome. # TrueStory

3. PeeVee - fluent narration and emotion come naturally to her. She never fails to amaze me with every single post that she comes up with.

4. Nirvana - super funny Mommy of two writes like a dream leaving me wondering why she doesn't do it full time. Her comments are something I look forward to after each post.

5.Viya - Infectiously and perennially bubbly, this wannabe architect writes with the frequency of a bullet train and her art work, photographs and doodling are not even minor glimpses of her immense artistic competencies. 

6. Meoww - A supercharged battery of bubblyness; this IT professional and Cat lover radiates randomness effortlessly.

7. Dee Dee - Nautanki is not only her blog name but her standout trait. Her adventures leave the stunt directors of Bollywood desiring for more. 

A Big thank you to  - DIGS, Maithili, Confused SoulExpressShruthi,Priyanka, Crystal, Nick, Chandana, Shadia and many many many many others who's names might not find a mention here for putting up with me and my nonsense thus far.

The resolution for 2012 is the same as 2011 - feel grateful every night before going to bed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

WHAT PLANS DO YOU GUYS HAVE FOR 2012?    

     
  





    

            
   
    

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year...and thanks for making me feel so special....*hugs*

    im gonna continue calling u what i always do :P

    love you tons

    ReplyDelete
  2. oiii thank you for the mention.. and what you call nonsense makes complete sense to me .. :D

    A very happy new year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that 2011 has been a wonderful year for you. Hope you have a brilliant 2012 as well, and write a lot many more entries on your blog! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Look at that, a brand new header! :)
    2) I really didn't put you down for the type that gets sentimental about goodbyes albeit it's to a year. But very poetic, especially the old wine bit:)
    3) You can't just club 'all other firsts', give us the dirty details:P
    4) Nonsense? Tch, tch. I didn't expect this from you of all people. How many times do we need to tell you that you're good before you are convinced?
    5) Wishing you a better-than-2011 2012, that pretty much covers all the 'happiness, prosperity and all that jazz and makes it better na?:)

    Finally, thank you so very very much for those words, somehow approval from a few people in which (unfortunately:P) you are included, mean the world and then some to me.

    But most importantly, keep writing amigo. Some of us actually do wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your resolution really made me think- How many times I have grumbled and complained instead of counting my blessings!
    Wish you an awesome 2012 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey bud.. Happy New year to you in advance..!!! Your blog is one place that has been a assured good read so I would disagree on the nonsense scribbling part :)
    May the new year bring loads of awesome posts that is more awesome that the awesomeness of galactic president superstar mc awsomeville's name which I am sure will be. :D

    cheers.. and thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first comment on your blog on the could-be-last-post-of-the-year-2011. Your Love Story on Spiff's space brought me here. Must tell you, it made for a great read.
    Wishing you a very happy new year and may you wake up to lots and lots of joy every morning(so that you can feel really grateful before going to bed at night) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fist of all....I would say that the new year resolution won my heart..RESPECTS!
    Your new header is amazing and sir I have always loved reading your blog and you know it too.
    Thankyou soo much for mentioning me, but I am left with no option but to read you whenever you post because I really do love the depth with which you express. Even if I dont comment, please be sure that the post is read. I always read.

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. paparapapapaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan !!!!!
    let me tell you..
    i am suuuuuuuuper duuuuuuuuper glad i knopw your blog..and you..:):):)
    Confession..i wait for your posts..!! they make a brilliant read..
    geeeeheeeeeeeheeeeee..
    ohh and i the thannnngyuuuu for the special mention..:)
    i am envious of your vocabulary..
    WE SHALL PLAY SCRABBLES..:D :D :D
    awwww..your resolution..how thoughtful ya..:)

    have a fantastic new years eve...and an awesome hangover the next day..
    bleheheheheheh

    i pray that you keep us hooked on to your posts like always..!!!

    CHEERS !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Dee Dee - Happy new year again, see you on the other side.

    @Confused Soul - Mantion not Ji, Mantion Not :D.

    Happy new year; see you in 2012.

    @The Guy in the Mirror - Thanks bud, for the new year wishes and for the blessings.

    @Sumitra - Wonderful doesn't even begin to cover 2011, its way more than that and yes, more regular blog entries is also something I`m hoping to do in the new year.

    Happy New year.

    @DK -

    1. My very first header; will need some tinkering ofcourse.

    2. The only way I could feel even slightly grateful for 2011 was to recount the happenings and sentimental --> me, I thought you knew better.

    3. Why? Why not? Why me? (You know the context and implication :D)

    4. Yah, ok. I`m convinced and importantly grateful.

    5. Better never cuts it; I will settle for nothing less than AWESOME :D.

    Yes, you will have to put up with the writing in 2012, I can promise you so much :P.

    New year wishes to you again, See you on the other side.

    @Krishna Sruthi - That's the whole point, we almost never acknowledge what we have but cry over what we dont have; hoping to change that.

    Wish you an awesome 2012, see you in the new year.

    @Nick - Thanks for all those kind words bud, means a lot.

    I wish and pray that 2012 is nothing less than a sizzler for you.

    @Destiny's Child - Firstly welcome aboard; my love story finally has a fan, I`m touched :P.

    Thank you so much for the wishes. Hope you get to experience ton loads of joy in 2012.

    @Red - Thanks a bunch for all that, will catch up with you in 2012 once I`m done flying on Cloud 29.

    @Aditi - Thank you so much for all those kind words, I`m confused if you and I are referring to the same person :P.

    Honest question, Can someone get high on Orange juice? because that's what I`m going to be drinking this new years eve :D #Innocence

    New years eve is going to be in ishtyle this year. Hope you have an awesome Party for new years and keep your infectious energy peaking throughout 2012.

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, such an wonderful year you had.. I had a pretty good year but I couldn't quite locate when it started and how it went by..

    I have a load of things planned for 2012 but still let me see what the fates have planned :) Happy 2012

    ReplyDelete
  12. aW!! :D
    umm.. I dunno how or when i landed here.. but i think your comment on the post where i had done something about Foodporndaily, i think thats wen I actually read your whole blog! some 15 posts or so at one go! :D and i've been hooked ever since! :)
    I'm glad you had a good 2011.. i've had a very weird year.. a LOT of downs and ups!!
    and umm to welcome the 2012, its gonna be done with a huge bite into the yummy walnut chocolate pastry from Sweet chariot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Machi why am I not bulleted...no fair...but it's OK I know your gonna make up for it in the next post :P...2012 is the year of the DRAGON and it is gonna me quite literally :D :D :D

    Thanks for New Year and B'day wishes Machi, may 2012 bring loads of happiness, love, humility and gratitude your away.

    Beste Grube :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. like the new header :) :) and ur writings are anything but nonsensical :D :D :D...herez wishing you a very happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Keirthana - Have a super 2012.

    @Viya - Womannn, why did you have to remind me of foodporndaily now?

    Glad that you welcomed 2o12 with a chocolate pastry.

    Have an awesome 2012.

    @DIGS - The year of the dragon indeed, have a legen-waitforit-dary time in 2012.

    @Sukupedia - Thanks a lot, glad you like the header and I`m certain the writing can be made a tad more sensible.

    Happy 2012 to you too. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me