The last one week has been; whats the word I`m looking for, A Dream. Yes, A sublime dream at that.

Instance 1:
It's Ganesh Chaturthi (Ganesh Utsav) and I`m a couple dozen thousand kilometers away from home. Now, I`m not really the homesick kind(much more the sick of home kinds), but missing the festivities back home is surely something that does leave you pondering, even for a emotionless tin chested robot like me. So, I do what any other person 'who slightly misses home but doesn't have the balls to explicitly say he's homesick' does ---> replicate the 'homey' feeling in the closest way possible. I gather up two of my buddies and we decide that we would go visit one of the largest Hindu temples in the EU.
2 train rides and 3 hours hence, we reach the town where the aforementioned temple is located and we start walking in search of the temple courtesy Shree Google-Maps-a-Nanda. We come across this slightly South Asian looking gentleman who makes small talk with us; inquiring as to where we were from and a few more blah-blah-blah's later, he informs us that there were 2 more temples in the same town and that he would love to drive us there. So we decide we would visit them as well especially since it was Ganesh Utsav and plus we don't get to visit temples on a regular basis. So we tagged along with him and he took us to one of the most homely places I could have opted to be in. The smell of Camphor intermingled with the fragrance of Incense is by far the closest simulation I have lingering of home now. I couldn't take a 4 inch smile off my face for a whole 2 days just thinking that I had just experienced home simultaneously while being so far away from it.
Instance 2:
Flash forward to the 7th ---> Did I mention EPIC ???
1. First thing I did in the morning when I opened my blogger dashboard was check out Nirvana's Post and did the 'Roger Federer' backward fall; off my chair. Yes, I fell off my chair backwards in joy because I got awarded by her.There started a day, I will remember and reminisce for a very long time because it was purely sublime in all respects. In hindsight, I think her award was a sign of things to come later that day. I just cant thank you enough Nirvana.
2. It wasn't raining on the 7th because what was happening outside my window could easily be termed as a fine and persistent yet irritating sprinkling of water from the heavens. As I sat refreshing my university email id for updates regarding the project I`m working on, I hear a knock on the door.
As I go and answer it, I see my college mate of 6 years standing there with the brightest smile on her face and a silver foil package in her hands. I invite her inside and offer her some hot Desi Chai while we catch up. She opens the package and stuffs my mouth with the most hot, delicious Aloo-De-Parathe I've ever had. I really couldn't have asked for more surprises from a single day; Rainy weather + old friend who shows up at your door step with a smile + Lip Smacking Aloo-De-Parathe = SUBLIME.
Instance 3:
If you're a T.V show freak like me, you'd not miss one single episode of your favorite shows. If you haven't watched Suits or Burn Notice, what are you waiting for? The Universe to give you a divine signal?
Both these shows had their season ending finales yesterday, they just had class written all over them. The downside however is that I have to wait a couple of months to watch the next season of both these shows and I have not stopped raving about both the season finales of these shows to my friends ever since I watched them yesterday evening.

I have frankly run out of adjectives to describe Suits, the writing is just brilliant and the actors have added finesse to the respective characters especially the female leads who not only look smoking hot but have elegance in equal dosage. All you lawyers would love this show, although how much of it is actually true and how much is hokum; you will have to enlighten me on that.

Burn Notice has been successfully running from 2007, so watching it if you like Wit, Sarcasm, Action, Crime and a superb story line all packaged into one is not something you will regret doing. The attitudes of the characters and first person narration is what draws you hook,line and sinker.
That was my week in review, What have you all been upto?
PS: Happy Onam to you all , May your cup of Joy be filled with Happiness,Prosperity and Success and over flow with Celebration.
Picture Courtesy: Swami Google-Image-aa-Nanda
Swami Google Image aa Nanda..hahahaha..I did the backward fall Federer thing now!
ReplyDeletePwahahah! I just loove Burn notice!
hehehe!! the Google-ananda thing is E-P-I-C !
ReplyDeleteAnd the pleasure is all mine! Love Burn notice, and Suits too (though Burn Notice scores in terms of the dark humour quotient) A happy Onam to you too!
@ Red
ReplyDelete:D Hi-5, Start watching Suits also, you'll love it more so because you're in Law School.
@ Nirvana
LoL, Thank you once again. Burn Notice does score in terms of dark humour but Suits is more of wit and intelligent writing.
Hey there...happened to land here from PV's blog..saw the comment on the latest post and I was like OMG that is true to the word 'atrocious sribblings'...thought it would be fun to read a whole post of such scribblings but I confess I'm disappointed :( :( :(...you are prefectly normal(strike that out) good with your scribblings...What say we have a contest on our next post and see who dishes out more atrocities you or me ;-) ?
ReplyDeleteHello Missy, Firstly welcome here, great to have you onboard.
ReplyDeleteWell what you saw at Miss Chocolaty's blog is usually what happens to me when someone talks about Doggy's. :P
About the contest, it would be fun but you would beat me hands down any day of the year. I have a bumbling mess of lines that I string together and call a blog while you seem to be a veteran. I will be stalking your space no doubt.