Monday, September 19, 2011

Atrocious adds another Awesome year to his Life


I dread special days like birthdays, anniversaries and the likes. One week into their lead up, the atmosphere around us just seems to change into manic crazy and depressing; more so if you are the poor soul who's special day is coming up. Gifts and goodies are of course the sunny end of the bargain but there are by-products like anxiety and curiosity.    

So here's my birthday 2011 in Review


6.00 AM -

Wake up to find that I`m running a temperature and begin to experience joint pains. Note to self, this birthday is going to trump them all (Note the optimism :D). 

Wow, I`m sick at 6 AM on a day on which I thought giving two exams back to back was going to be the spoiler. This just keeps getting better and better.

8.00 AM - Load up on pills before writing First Exam. Curses, For Pete's sake, whoever makes you write an exam at 8 AM on a Monday morning deserves to be stoned to death.

12.00 PM - Done with the first exam. Come out of the exam block and find that rains always welcome you when you don't have an umbrella. Look up at the sky and smile at your wretched luck.        

1.00 PM - Lunch at the university cafeteria. 

Blyuugh, this is what they call food, no wonder the Germans look so Grumpy and pissed off all the time.(Apparently being sick makes me a racist, who would've known?)

2:00 PM - Get ready for next exam.

5:00 PM - Done with the second exam. *Pats own back and gives self a handshake for pulling off an Anil Kumble.*

6.00 PM - Reach room dead tired after 2 bus changes and crash on the bed while making sure from the corner of my eye that the quilt doesn't look too crumpled (Yes, I`m a Virgo and have this fetish for organization - a La Monica Geller, So ???)

9.00 PM - Wonder if something edible can be made out of Cheese and Nacho Dip in the fridge ??? End up having a glass of warm milk and calling it a day.

9.15 PM - Snoring Away to glory.

10.00 PM - Woken up by a knock on the door by a group mob of 17 people who give me a cake facial with a 3 inch Toblerone chocolate topping - custom baked cake. End up getting a couple of cuts across my face because the Toblerone topping has walnuts/almonds in it, Oww. Did I mention that I`m typing this out while standing, these people kicked (Birthday Bums) the Be-Jesus outta my hind, some even wearing 4 inch snow shoes. Don't know if I`ll be able to park my rear on a chair properly for the next 2 days.      




PS 1: Had my birthday taken off my FB page to avoid replying to a 100 different people who I seldom interact with. Probably for the best, as only the people who felt I was worthy enough to be wished and blessed; did so.

Ms Spiff from Senseless Sense? or Sensible Nonsense? gets a special mention here because she wished me by email. Thank you so so so so (*spreads hands wide apart to indicate how much*) much. 

PS 2

Birthday 2010: Friend Meets with an Accident, breaks elbow and jaw. Spend the entire day at the hospital till his parents fly out from Singapore.
                            
Birthday 2009: Neighbor attempts suicide by hanging, slap him so hard for trying something so stupid, that his neck sprains and has to use a neck collar for a fortnight.

Either I don't have people around me doing crazy things on my birthday or Birthday 2011 hasn't been as eventful as the previous two years. 

PS 3: Why God ?? Whyyyyyyy ??? We had a deal, let the others grow old, not meee, Why are you doing this to us???  *sob sob sob*

PS 4: Dear God,
                         My prayer for the year ahead is a Fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did last year.
     
Picture Courtesy : bingee.com  
   

21 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you my fellow virgoan...does tht even make sense?
    Okie let me try this again. May this year be full f crazy happennings and may you ultimately achieve whatever you long for.
    Crumbling of the quilt...hi5 on tht.
    Custom made chocolates out f toblerome! M dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many Many Happy Returns of the day, fellow engineer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if I'm drunk, I'll straighten my bedsheet before crashing. :/

    Thank you for the special mention. :) Happy b'day again! May you have a good year, with many more chocolates and less of exams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I dread birthdays too... my birthdays are always a recipe for disaster..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red

    Thank you so much. Fellow Virgoan it is hereafter. Sounds cleaner than fellow virgin right? :D

    HI-5 on the Crumbling of the quilt, damn its hard to even imagine a crumpled quilt :P.

    Binu Thomas,

    Thank you Kind Engineer sir for the wishes.

    Spiff,

    The intolerance towards a crumpled quilt is a pattern I`ve seen among a few other Virgo's as well. Thank you again so much.

    The Girl at First Avenue,

    Thank you so much for the wishes. To say some of mine have been disasters would be an understatement, catastrophe is the word. Luckily nothing drastic this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And regardless of how your b'day turned out, you have given me the great gift of laughter:P Not that it helps you in anyway but still...:D

    Belated birthday wishes, heartfelt and oh-so-not-customary. Trust me.

    And the best part was about the walnutty Toblerone cake. I laughed at the image it portrayed and cried at the wastage of custom-made chocolate cake:P

    ReplyDelete
  7. DK,

    Firstly, Thank you so much for the wishes.

    Glad I could make you laugh and Yes, I too felt a custom baked chocolate cake could have been put to better use but you know friends, they always do strange things to make us happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey belated happy birthday. Sad your birthday sucked but I really like the last part. That should have been fun :p . Though this reminds me I too have to give back to back exams on my birthday this year. :[

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nia Charms,

    Thank you so much for the wishes. It sorta sucked but I`m growing older so have to deal with it. The last part was indeed fun albeit the birthday bums and the cuts on the face.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha a lot things become legal as you grow older macha. Birthday bumps is the most atrocious thing ever. Even girls take part in it but when you try to give them some bumps back, they remind us that it is wrong to hit women.

    ReplyDelete
  11. True that Machi, hypocrites; the world is full of them.

    Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm wondering what I should call you: Macha/Machi? Whatever it is..belated B'day wishes scribbler :D...I''m going to ask you so how old are you now?...scribble something innovative ok...I need some laughter too :(..and you lucky lucky machi (I've decided I'll call you this) custom made cake and all...full chamak-da or something like that in that tapori lingo :-p...wah wah I'm scribbling away to glory...BTW the contest is still open ok? You represent the guys and I'll represt the better gals? Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  13. For starters, you can call me either Macha/Machi; they both mean the same(Macha/Machi is akin to Yaar/Dude)

    Thanks a lot for the wishes Madame. As for the age, let me tell you a short story. I called up home on my birthday to speak to my sister. One of her friends picked up the phone and said, one minute uncle hold on, I`ll pass it on to her(my sister). My heart just broke into a million peices :D

    I`m indeed very lucky machi; lucky to have the best of everything in my life.

    As for the contest, will do some head scratching and try to come up with something soon. Just back from a brilliant weekend trip, so hopefully I get something to write from there.

    Cheers and thanks again for the wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha ! That's a fab day you had, eh ?;)
    New to your space:)
    You've got an interesting blog !:)

    Belated Birthday wishes to you:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was fab indeed, that's precisely why I put up comparisons to Birthdays 2010 and 2009.

    Welcome to my humble corner on the internet.

    Thank you so much for the wishes and the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved yer post....Belated Happy Birthday...

    *Either I don't have people around me doing crazy things on my birthday or Birthday 2011 hasn't been as eventful as the previous two years.*...hmmm...i wonder if you call 2 exams on a Monday morning that too on yer bday morning uneventful....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank so much for loving my post :D and for the Wishes.

    Truth be told, 2 exams on my birthday doesn't give me as much of a high compared to slapping someone to dissuade them from committing suicide or spending the day with the Bestie in the hospital when he needs you the most.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You need insane excitement huh...that too on yer bday....lol

    i would love to slap sum1 any given day....and scream at their cowardliness too :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, sometimes the crazy streak in me craves attention and I feed him anyway, lest he die.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I dread special days like birthdays, anniversaries and the likes. #Ditto.

    PS 3: Why God ?? Whyyyyyyy ??? We had a deal, let the others grow old, not meee, Why are you doing this to us??? *sob sob sob* # Joe <3

    The topics u choose are ridiculously funny.And So are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Belated happy birthday :) saw your post after a looooong time.. so the craziness never leaves you :)

    ReplyDelete

Scribble Back to me