Sunday, April 8, 2012

Striking Terror


Pre Script - SARCASM AHEAD

The threat of Terrorism is a very frightful, dark and palpable reality post 9/11. It is as if this random date in history was chosen to change the global perception of terrorism; not that this was the first ever terrorist hit to go down because there were many that did and in scary proportions too - right from the Nazi Gas chambers in Auschwitz and Riga during World War 2 in the 1940's to the Kenyan Embassy bombings in 1998. That said, the events that took place on the morning of the 11th of September 2001 would stay etched in the pages of history books for time immemorial.


As we look deeper into the viewing glass - one realizes that there are different dimensions to this concept of terrorism.  I will list a few other forms of terrorism which are worth noting.





Audio Terrorism -

If you thought that terrorism just involved a bunch of fanatic dudes bent on blowing people and things up - you're sadly mistaken. Audio terrorism is a silent killer which occupies the ranks of Diabetes and Heart disease. It is a very potent and effective form of terrorism impacting a large majority of people on the planet who listen to some form of audio either on their phones, music players, radios, TV's or computers.

Chief proponents of this form of terrorism include Himmesh Reshmaiyya, Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black to name a few; for their repeated and relentless attacks on the civilian majority in the guise of pursuit of musical  glory causing many a splitting headache, torn eardrum and pushing people to pulling the hair out of their heads after listening to their songs. Side effects include temporary loss of sanity and humming the aforementioned artists' songs which come across as sounding like screeching noises produced by horny cats.  

Cine Terrorism -

Giving the extremists and terrorists a run for their money is the new age brand of Cine Terrorists. They're effectiveness is more far fetched owing to the fact that they are able to reach larger audiences in shorter intervals of time with their movies leading to absolute carnage of the viewers sanity.  

How else can you justify the mindless waste of money on movies like Ra-One or 7 Khoon Maaf or Agent Vinod? The producers must have had some agenda in mind right? Turns out by unleashing DEADLY scripts and movies like these, they hope to give their audiences a taste of the BOREDOM TO DEATH treatment which I believe is the modern day version of the Gas chamber because that's all movies these days seem to contain - Hot gas.   

The next time you come out alive and miraculously sane from such a movie - make sure to demand a bottle of cough syrup and an aspirin at the ticket counter so that you can drink it and take a nap when you get home. This is the least they can do for you considering you've paid the full price for a ticket and gotten a mind blowing headache in return; after all there are certain things called Human Rights you know.

News Terrorism -

The mainstream media contributes as passively to terrorism as the terrorists themselves. The mushrooming in the number of  private news channels in English, Hindi and many regional languages has given rise to a situation wherein the content of many such channels is nothing but of trashy.

At this point, a specific mention must be made of the many Senior anchors who try sounding suave and elegant but end up having a screaming contest with their panelists and co anchors and in the process weird their viewers out.   

Its hard not to resort to name calling but of the many jokers around - The Sansani guy stands out like a sore thumb. His anchoring on the show was something a cousin and I would watch religiously just to laugh like maniacs at the end of a rough day. His incessant screaming of the turn of phrases was something that the mother detested utterly because the show used to air late into the night and I used to get a earful for disturbing the peace and quiet, if this isn't terrorism I don't know what is.   

Here's a spoof on him


 


PS 1: Now that you have been sufficiently warned about the other forms of terrorism, make sure you spread the word; who knows your small act may actually save a life.

PS 2: No Terrorists were harmed in the making of this post.      



      

            

34 comments:

  1. Good one Iyer.

    Side effect of humming Rebecca Black happened to me. In fact I heard the spoof of her song with man-ish voice and thought that was the real song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzfQwXEqYaI

    And hey I liked 7 Khoon Maaf. Women killing those men who cheated on her was so appealing to me :P And God, Pondy looked good in the Movie. Even the rocky beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a doctor, you of all people should know better than to listen to Rebecca Black :D.

      I couldn't watch 7 Khoon Maaf completely.

      Thanks for coming by Doc.

      Delete
    2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3f3pTbKmow

      This is what made me to watch 'Its Friday' :)

      Delete
  2. Hahaha! I loved the video the best in the entire post...Even me and my friends used to mimic and laugh abt the Sansani guy... :D

    He is scarier than the criminals..LOL

    Do visit my new blog- http://manjuzkitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, he is scarier than the criminals he presents on the show but complete entertainment package he is.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. I so agree with all the three forms of terrorism. Reading about audio and cine just scared me! Real terrorists kill us once but these people- they are like slow poison! Killing us every single day!
    Video is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I saved your life - now go save someone else's :D.

      Appreciate your coming by CD.

      Delete
  4. You have come out with a super interesting post AS

    Your pains to undergo all of them, come out in one piece and enlighten the mankind is applause worthy

    Completely enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take saving the world very seriously :P.

      Thanks for coming by Visha.

      Delete
  5. AS!!! Man, you rock;) Loved the p.s. and p.p.s.! Mind boggling post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madame, you have me flying on Cloud Nine now.

      Super glad you found it interesting.

      Delete
  6. ROFL.. Awesome. Take a bow!

    Bieber is a one man (child) Al-Qaeda by himself. And those movies, Agent Vinod takes the cake for me though. I found the movie unintentionally funny I don't know why.

    Sansani rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one luxury shoddy movies give us - to laugh at the shoddiness that's staring you in the face.

      Sansani should be given an award for the Best comedy series despite being a crime show; the pieces they do on that show are nothing short of buffoonery.

      Thanks for writing in Soumya.

      Delete
  7. They are life threatening; why else do you think they are on the blog? :D

    Glad you liked it MSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Engineering, Terrorizing Students all over India :-/
    Parents forcing their kids to convert into Different castes mechanical, electrical, civil, and the likes

    Engaging into numerous disputes between the Veteran (core) and the neophytes (IT)

    Torturing kids who have just received the adulthood (18 years) to learn new languages and stick to the new regime of slogging

    Education system in Many parts of India is no less than terrorism



    By the way, awesome post B-)

    Stay Blessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, Engineering is whole different torture chamber which deserves a post in itself. Maybe you could do the honors with a post.

      Thanks for the inputs and the read Shashank.

      Delete
  9. Hahaha, hilarious spoof that was! :D Oh, and Rebecca Black holds the power to terrorize even terrorists, I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend maintains that even Hitler could have been terrorized in his peak had Black, Bieber or country music been there.

      Glad you liked it Sumitra.

      Delete
  10. I laughed like a retarded seal when I read "Vegans are terrorists".

    I liked it.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cartoon sort of makes sense in this day and age doesn't it - One man's hero is another man's terrorist.

      Appreciate your coming by Zeebs.

      Delete
  11. hillarious and preceptive.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know after reading this, I'm actually wondering WHY 9/11 is considered THE terrorist attack.
    And damn, if vegans are terrorists, does that mean somebody is coming for me too? =P
    " humming the aforementioned artists' songs which come across as sounding like screeching noises produced by horny cats. " Worst. Thing. Ever. HAPPENS TO ME ALL THE GODDAMN TIME! :@ AND specially during an exam! Bummer :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're out to get everyone's back not just yours.

      Why in Lucifer's name would you hum those songs in an exam, apart from screwing up your head, it screws up your exam as well, doesn't it?

      Appreciate your inputs and your coming by Ruhani.

      Delete
    2. I thought my name is very rare now its just rare!! I have d ame name but I spell it differently!

      Delete
  13. I looooooooooooooved reading this ! :) I so dislike Bieber and moreso because he gets me to hum his outrageous lyrics and stooopid tunes (well, ok, there isn't any tune) and I get so embarassed and so angry at myself for humming his "song" in the first place. I don't know who is Rebecca Black. I could google her but then I'd take your words and not waste much time.
    Ra One - pls don't even tell me about this one. I never thought I could HATE anythign until I watched Ra One. And not even chamak challo managed to have a wee bit of chamatkaar.
    I haven't watched that Sansani guy either but I will check him out now.

    On the bright side, there just is always so much variety to talk about :)


    Cheeeeeers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Listening to Bieber does that to people - they start humming the song and then all hell breaks loose. Good that you haven't heard Rebecca Black yet, I'll save you the trouble and a lot of time by saying - don't.

      You should watch the Sansani guy pronto - his gimmicks are unparalleled.

      Glad you liked reading it. Thanks for the inputs Toffee, loved the long comment.

      Delete
  14. :D, Glad you liked it.

    Thanks for coming by and reading this one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man! sansani guy cracks me up every single time!! its the conviction with which he speaks.. plus he looks so tharki that laughter is inevitable!

    the spoof is soo cool! Now, i wanna make a bunch of videos like this for all the people i dislike :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enemies watch out - Express coming out in full force :D.

      Delete
    2. Too bad Express is technologically handicapped. Plus, i'd rather make a video of myself to substantially increase the popularity quotient :D

      Delete

Scribble Back to me