My time on this planet is much like a Bollywood movie - no less. With copious scoops of adventure, action, drama and some booster packs of awesomeness, life has and still continues to be a dream that I get to experience day in - day out.
To read about the latest entry in the Atrocious book of adventure, we must rewind to the morning of Saturday the 14th of January. The roomie's girl was coming into town and being the doting boyfriend that he is, he promptly sent me to receive her from the railway station because she was carrying some heavy duty stuff and needed some help lifting.
After our hi's and hello's at the platform, we got on to business end of the morning and started walking homeward with the luggage. Winter mornings here can be tricky, especially the early morning dew on metal staircases. As luck would have it, we were climbing down one such metal staircase with heavy luggage to contend with and as expected I missed one step and went tumbling down face first on 4 other steps below to come to a halt due to the blessed presence of friction 4 seconds later.
Mentally cursing my male ego, I thrust myself up before the missy could help me up and also looked around to check if any other passer's by had seen my moment of misadventure in real time, thankfully not. I felt no pain but was bleeding from from my chin, lips and my left index finger.
On being forcefully taken to a hospital by the roomie and his missy; I found myself ogling staring listening observantly to a blue eyed angelic looking 20 something brunette German doctor who was obviously impressed by my hold of conversant German. You have to believe me when I tell you she looked smokin hot and just when I was about to mentally drift off to the serene locales of Switzerland and New Zealand to sing duets with her she mercilessly brought me back to reality by poking the affected area on my left index finger and palm with her recently manicured half inch nails to leave me wincing in pain which I obviously could not extrapolate in words to her owing to my male ego; I said it does hurt quite a bit and needs attention. She then promptly proceeded to dress up the wounds and quite literally made a mouse hill look like a mountain covering up my entire left hand and rendering it unusable.
All hope was not lost when she asked me to come the following day to continue the course of treatment. I made double sure that she would be the attending doctor on call on Sunday before bidding her goodbye for the day. As my wretched luck would have it, I went in the following day(Sunday) to find a 50 something male doctor (her senior) with her waiting for me armed with a pair of gloves and a facial expression akin to Satan's with his metal staff. He gave me, what can only be described as the most painful bandage dressing I have ever experienced but as expected I had to underplay the pain to look macho. On leaving the room after their goodbye's, lets just say I vowed to stay away from a hospital for as long as humanly possible.
Darn you - lethal combination of good looking doctor chicks and their merciless aged male seniors.

Oww, get well soon! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI been stuck with a broken foot since 55 days now. let me tell u, it sucks =/
Here's to you feeling better ekdum faast! =D
xo
Thank you for the wishes bud, I hope your foot feels better now.
DeleteWhile you have a cast, get it signed by all your friends, it'll make for a cool memory.
Get well soon dear...Don't worry I'll pray you'll run it to her in some coffee shop (sans her senior) :D...Take rest..
ReplyDeleteAppreciate the wishes and the prayer. I'm tired of taking rest, have to get back to being awesome :D.
DeleteOuch! That must have been a painful fall! Both for your hand and ego.. !
ReplyDeleteTake care!
I`m glad its painful for the ego, frankly want it broken into a million shards.
DeleteThanks for the wishes :)
Aww, hope you hand gets better soon.
ReplyDeleteI`m actually getting to experience what one handed people undergo and its not rosy but a new experience nevertheless.
DeleteThank you so much for the wishes.
aww! Get well soon!!
ReplyDelete?Maybe you'll run into the doctor someday ;) :P :P
I don't think running into her anytime soon would be a good idea :P.
DeleteThanks for the wishes Ms V.
Get well soon! Really pity you. Why do all the guys encounter such incidents in life? Are you magnets to these stuff? :P
ReplyDeleteIts fun doing stuff with one hand but a bit of a drag as well.
DeleteI cant vouch for other guys but at this point it must be clear to you that I go through some pretty crazy stuff in this life of mine :P.
Thanks for the wishes :)
are yaaar! I hope you get well soon.
ReplyDeleteAnd seriously these good looking doctors and thr old senior doctors!!
I pray the wound heals soon!
I`m sure you of all people know the connection between good looking doctors and their seniors and more importantly that its this connection that hurts the most ;)
DeleteThanks for wishes and prayers Madame :)
i yaaammmm the soryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
ReplyDeletewas super blaahhed to comment earlier.
the cold winter is the real culprit i tell you.
it has made me extra bunny lazy..gaah
and i guess by now your hand would have become the betters :):):)
oooooooooo....the nuuuurseeee
owwwwwwwwwww the doc...
what rotten luck i say..
but no worries..i pray that you get a better catch in a better place..
gahahha
cheers !!
Yes, its a little better now but the junior doc -Hawwwwwtttt :P
DeleteThanks for the wishes and prayer Aditi.
did i say nurse??
ReplyDeletegaaahhh
the cold has made my mind numb
PERIOD
bleheheheh
Sorry, cannot help but laugh at the description of the senior doctor! :D All dreams and duets, is it? continue continue :P
ReplyDeleteHope you get well soon :)
Yes, dreams and duets - all extinguished because of a 50 something mustached doctor. *Curses*
DeleteThanks for the wishes.
Hahahahahaha. This is insanely hilarious! So quirky. <3.
ReplyDeleteWelcome aboard.
DeletePerfectly put, quirky sort of sums up my life :P.
Thanks for coming by and reading this one.
Haha Humpty Dumpty did have a bad bad fall :P Take Care of the hand :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wishes.
DeleteHahhahahaha..I thought things like this happen only to me! :D
ReplyDeleteGlad to know I have company.
DeleteWelcome aboard and thanks for coming by.